Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pea Pod Petits Fours

 
You are attending a baby shower right this very minute.  A VIRTUAL baby shower for the adorable Maria and Josh of Two Peas & Their Pod

You probably already know this couple and their blog for yummy treats like: Golden Grahams S'Mores Bars, Soft Pretzel Bites, and Cinnamon Streusel Pancakes.  Their latest creation...

...a new pea for their pod...a baby boy, who is almost here!!!

I'll tell you more about the cake part of these petits fours in another post, but let me show you how to make the pea pods.

You'll need:
  • fondant (I used homemade)
  • leaf green food coloring
  • large and small pastry tips
  • royal icing (optional)
Tint the fondant.  Roll out on a surface dusted with corn starch to about 1/8 inch.



{Use the bottom of the small tip to cut fondant for the peas.}


Place on the petits fours.  Add vine detail with green royal icing, if desired.


Maria & Josh....we are all so happy for you...and your new little sweet pea!

Can't get enough sweet peas?  Click on over for some Sweet Pea cookies! :)

Be sure to visit the rest of the shower "hosts."  And...pop by the giveaway going on right now.  Hint: it's a lean, green, mixing machine! ;)

Drinks
Simple Bites - Lemon Balm infused Lemonade
Ingredients, Inc. - Healthy Fruit Punch
Food for My Family - Lemongrass Soda
Heather's Dish - Mixed Fruit Punch
She Wears Many Hats - Mini Pistachio Smoothies
Georgia Pellegrini - Watermelon Agua Fresca & a New Pea

Appetizers/Savory Bites
With Style and Grace - Truffle Popcorn
Family Fresh Cooking - Baby Peas & Cheese Frittata
Barbara Bakes - Creamy Orange Fruit Dip and Fruit
Aggie’s Kitchen - Pasta Salad with Balsamic Basil Vinaigrette
Reluctant Entertainer - Nutella Berry Bruschetta

Dessert
TidyMom - Blue and Chocolate Cake Balls
i am baker - Baby Pea Baby Shower Cake
Brown Eyed Baker - Pavlova
Picky Palate - Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Sandwich
What’s Gaby Cooking - Coconut Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing
Cookin’ Canuck - Nutella & Cream Cheese Swirled Blondies
Kevin and Amanda - Baby Blue Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Cups
Sweetopia - Decorated Sugar Cookies
Mountain Mama Cooks - Lavender Shortbread Cookies
Sweetapolita - Decorated Sugar Cookies
RecipeGirl - Baby Button Cookies
RecipeBoy - Mud Cups with Gummy Worms
Add a Pinch - Blackberry Tartlets
Dine and Dish - Oven Baked Cinnamon Apples
Vintage Mixer - Mint Chocolate Pudding Shots
Dorie Greespan - French Lemon Cream Tart 

Crafts
Wenderly - Handmade Sweet Pea Cards
Our Best Bites - How To: Make a Diaper Cake Centerpiece

53 comments:

  1. I loooove virtual parties! I can imagine Maria crying her eyes out at how sweet her dear bloggy friends are. Awww a baby boy is almost here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun Bridget!!! I just adore those teeny weeny wittle baby pea pods!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeeek! These are so fun! Absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are ADORABLE, Bridget!!! I've always loved petit fours, but these are beyond cuteness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable Bridget! And they look like they taste so good; craving them for breakfast right now. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those a the most precious little pea pod peitis fours I ever did see! Seriously, they are too cute to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sooooooo cute and sooooooooo much talent all of you ladies have - i know Maria & Josh will flip over these!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are too cute for words. Thank you so much! I can't thank you all enough for throwing me a surprise shower. You are all the best! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are just adorable Bridget!!!

    Congrats Maria and Josh!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome!!! Love these, especially the cute little pea pods!!

    Congrats Maria and Josh!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are the cutest ever, Bridget! I have a thing for tiny treats, and these are lovely. I also love the bright, crisp photos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Overflowing with cuteness, B! Love these little mini cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how the blogging world pulls together for the good and the bad -- the baby showers as well as the deaths. I think I have a new definition of family now. :)

    And those petit fours look adorable! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love these!! they are fantastic. i made some character cupcakes at the weekend, would love to know your thoughts?
    http://laughteriscatching.com/2011/08/27/to-your-posts-let-the-bake-off-begin/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a fun idea for Maria's shower. I'll look forward to the petit four's recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a sweet idea for a shower treat. Those little pea pods are adorable and I'm sure Maria is very touched by all this wonderful virtual shower. Looking forward to your petit four's post.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What adorable little desserts - perfect for Maria and Josh's baby shower!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bridget. I LOVE these!!! and you ;)

    Adorable petits fours. Now let me think if I should have another baby just to score some of these......

    Thank you so much joining us in this virtual shower for Maria & Josh. Means so much to all of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would make chocolate chunk whole wheat flour molasses cookies. chlobugscookies@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Raspberry lemonade cupcakes! They are a favorite at our house Gallegos_Tara@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are so cute! I love love love the fondant peas. Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are adorably. Probably my favorite from the list so far :) I'm really wishing this whole shower was in person now.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really hope some day that you will throw me a shower! ha! These are gorgeous and I want one, two, three right now. Every time I visit you, I'm amazed at what you come up with, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are adorable! Love the detail with the peas - only you, Bridget, only you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. AHH! This virtual shower is torture! I want to eat all of this amazing food so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are so adorable! I love how you decorated them.

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are adorable, B! I've heard tales that petit fours are a monster to make! you made it look easy!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Absolutely adorable pea pods!!
    Hasn't someone created a photography program or app. That can "unblur" pictures? Maybe that should be next on someone's to-do list. Imagine how much money could be made and how happy so many foodbloggers would be?!

    ReplyDelete
  29. These are adorable! I'm sure they were a huge hit.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thats so much fo fun....loved the lil pods:).You have a lovely blog here:)

    ReplyDelete
  31. These are amazing! I especially love the pea tendrils.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I would make a fancy schmancy cake

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh my your pea pod petit fours are SO cute!!!!!!!! I love the pea tendrils!!!! So adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is so sweet, Bridget! I love petits fours, and the pea pod decorations are just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  35. These are so cute I can't stand it! :) Aren't you clever!

    ReplyDelete
  36. this is the cutest and most clever thing I have ever heard of!!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I *SO* want to tackle petit fours. As always you make it look easy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. So dear! Definitely one of my favorite posts for the virtual shower. Darling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. These are just precious and the little pea pods, couldn't be more perfect! Thank you again for joining in all the shower fun!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I made these this weekend Bridget! They were delicious!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  41. These are beyond adorable. And these instructions make it look so easy. Thanks for all the other great links, too.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Those look lovely and delicious as well!!! Such a good idea for a baby shower....virtual or real :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. I absolutely love all of your how-to photos! You were my inspiration for ever dabbling in gel food coloring, and I've been obsessed with royal icing ever since!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Did you post the recipe for the petit fours?
    I can't find them and I would love to try to make them, so I can stop drooling on my phone ( at least for this post)
    Thankyou love your blog its beautiful. Also I love your classic buttercream what a difference the salt makes Duh! <3

    ReplyDelete
  45. Did you post the recipe for the petit fours?
    I can't find them and I would love to try to make them, so I can stop drooling on my phone ( at least for this post)
    Thankyou love your blog its beautiful. Also I love your classic buttercream what a difference the salt makes Duh! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Happy baking! :)
(Comments, especially on busy giveaways, may take a minute to show...thank you for your patience.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover