Christmas Cottages


This week I had a request for personalized Christmas cottages. I said yes before I had a design in mind, but they just sounded fun!


{One word of advice if you plan to make these personalized...think long and hard about the names. I lucked out here with Hatton, Adair and Gray...Schwarzenegger just wouldn't have happened! :)}


So, I committed, then I had to come up with a plan. I sat down with my cookie cutter, paper and my kid's box of crayons and doodled for an hour or so. Then, it hit me...mint green cottages with white roofs and DOTS!

If dots ever go out of style, I'll be in trouble (please don't tell me)...I've made dotty acorns, dotty leaves, dotty monograms, dotty packages, dotty turkeys, dotty cakes, dotty giraffes, dotty numbers...and that's just off the top of my head. Obsession? Maybe. Dots just seem to make everything happier!


I made a few extras, too. My husband took them around to some of his buddies today.



I did TRY to take step-by-step pictures of making these...here's how that went....


...and then, brain cramp. I totally forgot to photograph all the remaining steps! I'll do better...I promise. Maybe that should be my New Year's resolution. (Sounds better than exercising!)


What are YOU working on this week?

Related posts:
SHARE:
Blogger Template by pipdig