Friday, November 21, 2008

Finally, fall

It's is finally feeling like fall around here. As I type, it is 48 degrees outside and the high is expected to only reach 55!!! This is what I love....bring on the sweaters, jackets and boots! To go with our fall-like weather, we have some fall cookies! I made two versions of acorns and leaves...dotty and with GOLD sparkling sugar. I was in desperate need to update my acorns. You can see here...years ago, the first and only time I made them (with apples)...blah. I think my cookies turn out better if I try not to be so literal with them. Know what I mean? The dots make them fun...to me at least. Here's more info on applying dots. This gold sparkling sugar is so pretty. I found it online at sugarcraft.com. It comes in silver, too. I bought it for Christmas cookies, but couldn't wait to dig into it. I think these would be pretty with a monogram on the leaves for a fall wedding.Our dining room table was half covered in cookies (I have a hard time making one batch of cookies). A box went to our contest winner, a box to my nephew, 4 boxes with my husband for customers and one to the volunteers at the food pantry where my son & I work every Thursday. Someday, I'd like to do this. Lydia at The Perfect Pantry is the woman behind this wonderful idea!

Happy fall, everyone! I'm off to enjoy this weather while it lasts!

29 comments:

  1. So beautiful! I love the acorns :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your support of our cookies-for-donation program! Some day I hope we'll decorate cookies together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! They are perfect@

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dot addition and the sugars!
    Mac is looking forward to them!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cookies as usual. I did some along those lines last Thanksgiving -- orange and yellow. My sister and I couldn't stop laughing because they reminded us of her psychedelic bedroom back in the 70s. Your's are much more grounded!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Fall, Bridget! Yes, I am loving this weather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cookies are so beautiful. I really like your leaves and the dots are such a great idea. It does make the cookie look fun. Nice. Yeah, I like this kind of weather to. Happy Fall to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the dotty acorns and leaves. Wish I had thought of that. They're so happy and whimsical!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bridget, these are gorgeous. GORGEOUS!! I have no idea why you weren't on my sidebar before, but you are now! Thanks for all the great ideas.
    -Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love autumn too. these are perfect bridget. your piping is always impeccable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you really are very neat with your cookie cutters! They look impeccable,, and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have an award at my blog for you whenever you can stop by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are really cute,B. How thick do you roll your cookies out? I was doing mine at 1/4inch but that is way too thin for me, I'm thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was just admiring your cookies again -- I am think about trying chopped nuts for the top of the acorn. Have you ever tried something like that? I usually make my brown icing chocolate so taste-wise it might work.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cristine....thank you, thank you! I'm going to stop by and check it out! (I must warn you that I'm really terrible about getting those posted...please forgive me!)

    Landa...I don't measure mine; I just eyball them. I like a thicker/softer cookie, too.

    flourgirl...I think that sounds perfect, especially cute for the acorns! I bet they will be delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love them!! You certaintly have a gift- if you saw how my cookies turn out, you would cry!!

    Jen- Creative and Curious Kids!!
    http://raisingcreativeandcurioiuskids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had a fall wedding, and I would have loved to have these beautiful cookies as favors! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So Cute! I LOVE them!! Question... where did you find your cookie cutters?! I love your acorn more than other ones I've seen.. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Stacy...you know, that was one of my first ever cookie cutters and I don't remember where I got it. Sorry! :) Seems like I see similar ones in craft stores this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  20. They are all gorgeous, but the polka dots are by far my favorite!

    They all look delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are so cute! I love the dots on the acorns :) I was just thinking of decorating some cookies today, and now I might have to try my version of these. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Can I ask HOW do you get your cookies to keep their shape SO well!!! I have Cookie Envy :) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I never get tired of looking at your work. You are such an inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. your cookies is very good especially for Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have been searching for an icing recipe- what do you use for your icing?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Happy baking! :)
(Comments, especially on busy giveaways, may take a minute to show...thank you for your patience.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover