- Outline the turkey body in brown using a #2 tip. (Spectrum Chocolate Brown)
- Thin royal icing in brown, red, orange and yellow to the consistency of thick syrup. Cover with a damp towel and let sit for several minutes. Run a rubber spatula through the icing to pop any bubbles that formed on the top. Pour into 4 separate squeeze bottles. (Red: AmeriColor Super Red, Orange: AmeriColor Orange mixed with a few drops of Super Red, Yellow: AmeriColor Gold mixed with Americolor Egg Yellow)
- Fill in (flood) the turkey shape with the thinned icing, using a toothpick to spread to corners.
- FOR DOTS: While the icing is still wet, drop dots of red, orange and yellow onto the brown icing.
FOR FEATHERS: While the icing is still wet, squeeze a curved line in each color. Immediately run a toothpick through the icing at intervals going toward the middle to make feathers.
- While the flood icing is drying, use a #1 tip and un-thinned orange icing to pipe the feet and beak.
- Make the "wattle" from un-thinned red icing using a #1 tip.
- After the brown icing has dried at least one hour, use a #1 or #2 tip to pipe an eye in black. (Spectrum Super Black)
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
To make these turkey cookies: