Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Gobble, Gobble

To make these turkey cookies:

  1. Outline the turkey body in brown using a #2 tip. (Spectrum Chocolate Brown)
  2. Thin royal icing in brown, red, orange and yellow to the consistency of thick syrup. Cover with a damp towel and let sit for several minutes. Run a rubber spatula through the icing to pop any bubbles that formed on the top. Pour into 4 separate squeeze bottles. (Red: AmeriColor Super Red, Orange: AmeriColor Orange mixed with a few drops of Super Red, Yellow: AmeriColor Gold mixed with Americolor Egg Yellow)
  3. Fill in (flood) the turkey shape with the thinned icing, using a toothpick to spread to corners.
  4. FOR DOTS: While the icing is still wet, drop dots of red, orange and yellow onto the brown icing.
    FOR FEATHERS: While the icing is still wet, squeeze a curved line in each color. Immediately run a toothpick through the icing at intervals going toward the middle to make feathers.
  5. While the flood icing is drying, use a #1 tip and un-thinned orange icing to pipe the feet and beak.
  6. Make the "wattle" from un-thinned red icing using a #1 tip.
  7. After the brown icing has dried at least one hour, use a #1 or #2 tip to pipe an eye in black. (Spectrum Super Black)

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for the comment on my Halloween cookies. And thank you for the Turkey decorating idea. I was really struggling on how to decorate these little guys! P.S. I love your blog. I came across it on A Dozen Eggs blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure! I know...sometimes it's hard to make something like a turkey "cute!" :)

    So glad you found the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all...can I have your autograph? Seriously. I'll put ir right next to Bakerellas. Oh and if I ever meet Pioneer Woman. :) Love your blog. I've got a new blog and this was featured today! I'd love if you stopped by and grabbed a button!
    todaystoptwenty.blogspot.com

    P.S. I also featured your adopted blog today too! Her pumpkin cranberry cream cheese sounds sooo yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your turkey cookies are so perfect - love how they came out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had never uploaded my frosted cookies. These are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved these cookies...now I can even decorate my own! Thanks for all the helpful hints!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice i like your turkey cookies so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello,
    Where did you find this turkey cookie cutter? Do you have a favorite online retailer? I'm looking for one that is simple like this.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I'll be trying these! Thanks for the tutorial!

    Judy@cutest-little-things.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cookies are all incredible and your clear directions make even complete beginners (like me) able to give it a go. I had no idea how to create turkey feathers until I saw yours. I used these turkeys as place cards at our Thanksgiving table. I just added a name in black across the bottom. Thank you so much for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Happy baking! :)
(Comments, especially on busy giveaways, may take a minute to show...thank you for your patience.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover