Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Little Boy Blue...and a question for YOU...

{Please scroll down a little, I'd love to ask you all a question...}
j monogram close
I've made monogram cookies for baby girls before, but never for a baby boy. These were so fun! I like that the shower hosts chose the scalloped square for the boy cookies...so much more masculine than a circle. :)
J monogram cookies
j monogram
The instructions for making the monograms are here. They can be made ahead of time and stored in a container at room temperature. One other note, when choosing a font, it can't be anything too "swirly", the nonpareils will obscure the design and it will just look like a blob. How do I know? I had to throw out my first batch. :)

Now to the question (poll on left sidebar)...would you be interested in a once-a-month, FLAVOR-OF-THE-MONTH, blog carnival/event, hosted here? It's an idea I've had floating around in my brain for a while and after reading all of your coffeecake favorites here, I really wanted to see each and every one of them.

Each month would be a different theme, such as chocolate or yellow or coffeecake. From there, you could make whatever you wanted.

Let's say, the theme was "turtle" (go with me here), you could make Turtle Cheesecake, or cookies decorated like turtles, or Turtle Ice Cream Pie, or a Turtle-shaped cake...whatever.

At the end of the month, you'd post your creation on your blog and link here. On the last day of the month, I'll post mine with a way for you to link in to my post. (Have you seen a Mr. Linky before?). I'll explain more about the details later.

That way, we'd all be able to see each others' creations...and maybe find some new, fabulous blogs, to boot!

I think it would be fun and a great way for all of us to get to know each other a little better. BUT, I know there are lots of other carnivals and blog events, so if you're already overbooked, let me know.

Anyone interested? I'm adding a poll to my sidebar. Please take a moment to let me know. If you have any suggestions, feel free to leave them in the comments.
j monogram cookies side
Thanks! And, Happy July!!!

30 comments:

  1. Oh! I lovelovelove these COOKIES!!! They are so sweet... like a sky picture... love them! About the great idea you have... just a question... can we choose to ice COOKIES, too? Like in the turtle example you gave, ice turtle or turtle related COOKIES?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Bea! :)

    Yes....cookies iced to look like turtles would be adorable. Really, it would be anything goes, just as long as it goes with the theme in some way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, I'm all over it :) I love challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd probably be able to participate most months...sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I voted that I'd love to participate. But I don't blog. The thought terrifies me. I'll figure something out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. of course!! that sounds like a challenge I would like..not too many rules ;)
    and as always, you cookies are gorg

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the idea!I think it would give me the inspiration to try new recipes! Love the cookies are they for someone like M or do we know yet?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Count me in for a monthly Challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like a great idea! I voted!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cookies are so pretty and a carnival sounds too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are really sweet, ok maybe I will find out the sex!!!
    Ca I submit a themed photograph?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sure, Molly...that would be great!

    And, yes, it would be kind of fun to know. Can't wait for you to get closer...I already have cookies in mind for you when they don't have to ship across the ocean!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for your sweet comment!! I was floored to have a comment on my first attempt cookies from "the master of cookie decorating".. I am totally game for this idea of yours! So fun, and my family and neighbors would love new treats, to eat, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wouldn't be able to do it every month but I think it's a greeeeaaaat idea!! DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm totaly in! It will be my first blog event ever!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that idea! I may not be able to participate every month, but would try my best. This baseball stuff keeps me so busy! Hey, I did see the bees at the ballgame. How crazy was that?!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would love to participate! I think my kids would love to help me too! I'm due to have baby #6 in 3 1/2 weeks so it might take a little while before I get back into the swing of things!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those turned out sooooo cute! I can't wait to try some monograms when we get settled!
    I'd definitely be up for a "flavor of the month", I don't know if I could do it every month but would definitely try. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. First of all I would like to say "Love Love Love your cookies. Second, I would love to join in on the baking fun. I think it is a great way to get to know our fellow bloggers and support eachother. Great Idea. Cant wait.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your cookies are "handsome" (pretty's too girl)!

    Happy 4th!
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes! I'd love to participate in a fun and creative baking event! Great idea. And I LOVE these monogram cookies - great for wedding showers also. Thanks! Have a great weekend.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ha ha... turtle shaped cake. That's what I'd be making since I don't do pecans in any form. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. that boy "J" is one lucky little baby! beyond adorable - there are no words. one day, i will muster up enough courage to try to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I was one of the hosts for the shower that used these cookies as party favors. They were equally delicious as cute! And not to mention a big hit by the momma to be and party goers. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those are too adorable!!! Can you please let me know what size, and where you got the cookie cutter. I'm going to try and attempt it... I'm sure it twill be a sloppy mess, but I'll have fun anyway.
    Or maybe you can come over and help? Tee hee!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm the one that just asked about the cookie cutter. This is the only thing I have on the list of things to "publish as".

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Happy baking! :)
(Comments, especially on busy giveaways, may take a minute to show...thank you for your patience.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover