Turtle Ice Cream Pie, revisited

Photobucket
Remember this ice cream pie that I made a few weeks ago? My husband ranked it in his "top 5" desserts of all time, but I was a little underwhelmed by the vanilla ice cream layers?

Well...when the neighbors were coming over for dinner, I thought it would be the perfect time to try it again with different ice cream. (I hope they didn't mind being guinea pigs!)
For the 4 layers of ice cream, I alternated Haagen-Dazs Dulce de Leche & Coffee ice creams.

OH MY!!!!! This is now in my TOP 5 desserts! The caramel ice cream makes the pie a little messier because it has swirls of caramel in it, but oh, the mess is worth it!!! Looking for the recipe? It's here...from Bon Appetit magazine.

And, check out the original post: He Said, She Said Ice Cream Pie
SHARE:
Blogger Template by pipdig