Chocolate Orange Pinwheels

For the longest time, I thought I didn't like chocolate and orange together.
You know who I blame?  This guy.  

I remember being a little girl and biting into a piece of that chocolate orange. It was horrible. Maybe I was thinking it was like a giant, round, Hershey's Kiss...I don't know, but it stuck with me.

chocolate orange pinwheel cookies | bakeat350.net
Apparently, I must have spread the gospel of "chocolate and orange should not be mixed" because as I was telling my sister about these pinwheel cookies yesterday, she said, "I thought you didn't like chocolate and orange together!"



Well, I have been converted.  It started a few years ago when I made cannoli filling.  Then, there were chocolate sandwiches. You get the point. I'm a chocolate + orange lover now...even though I'm never eating one of those "oranges" again.


These pinwheels!  Oh my gosh.  I love them.  I love the swirl, I love the flavor combo, I love making them! 

You'll start with just one dough which gets divided.  Then, you'll make one half chocolate, and one half orange.  You can see the little bits of zest in the orange dough...so pretty.

Roll it all up, chill it, then...it's slice and bake time.

If you don't eat these all by yourself, they look really pretty on a holiday cookie platter.

I'm sharing the recipe and the how-to over on Imperial Sugar today.


SHARE:
Blogger Template by pipdig