Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Dessert for Dudes Month....it's baaaack!

Back for year number 4...Desserts for Dudes month!!!

In 2010, in honor of Father's Day, I started featuring some Dude Desserts here at Bake at 350.  Yes, if you're a dudette, it's totally ok to enjoy them, too.

I'm starting off with a little round-up of some of my FAVORITE desserts for dudes from the over the years. I've been so caught up in kiddo's 8th grade graduation, buying waterproof mascara for graduation, making end-of-school-year cookies, suit shopping with a 14-year-old, and dress shopping for a 43-year old (why don't they just MAKE dresses out of Spanx?), etc., etc., that I haven't gotten a new recipe or cookie tutorial ready for you.  Forgive me?  I'll be back next week...promise.

desserts for dudes: recipes and decorated cookies ::: bake at 350 blog

1. Nutter Butter Brownies. Brownies, Nutter Butters, Chocolate-Peanut Butter Ganache...need I say more?

2. Pecan Chewies. Your dude needs these in his life.

3. Beer Cupcakes. The cupcake AND the frosting are made with beer. And that frosting is on my top 5 frostings EVER list.

4. Soft Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. I'm not sure why men tend to love the oatmeal cookie. Maybe because they look all rough and craggy?  Who knows?  Anyway, these are soft and lovable.

desserts for dudes recipes and decorated cookies ::: bake at 350 blog 
Now let's talk cookies...

1. Fried Chicken Cookies. No, there is no actual chicken involved here.  Yes, these are some of my favorite cookies EVER.

2. Cigar Cookies. Nothing girlie going on here...break these out for your dude's next poker night.

3. Beer & Hot Dog Cookies. Another one of my favorite cookies sets.  There's an updated version of the hot dog cookie (with relish!) in the book.

What is your dudes favorite dessert? I'd love to know!



decorating cookies badge photo decoratingcookiesbadge-1.jpg

23 comments:

  1. Chocolate, whiskey, and beer (or the less PC name: Irish Car Bomb) cupcakes! I make them a few times a year for my hubby. Dudettes like them as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the perfect dessert for this!! You would go crazy over it! LOL

    I love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great feature and round-up, Bridge! The KFC chicken drumstick concept cookies are fabulous! Love the beer mugs and hot dogs, too. You ROCK! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmm, beer.

    I suppose I could pretend to make it for my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those fried chicken cookies are too funny! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bridget,
    Your cookies are too cute. Great roundup for dudes and dudettes.
    Annamaria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bread and Butter pudding - only thing he'll eat! I had to actually find a form of it that I liked as it's not my favourite...

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband will go nuts. What a great idea. Not to mention my two sons! Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband's favorite dessert is Tiramisu. I don't make it often because it feeds an army! I tried Martha Stewart's tiramisu cupcakes and they were an epic fail. I need to take my recipe and turn it into cupcake. Time to play kitchen scientist!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, and he also loves Smitten Kitchen's carbomb cupcakes (but I use Joanne Chang's magic crispy frosting with caramel bailey's instead of the one with the recipe)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah! Happy to see this feature back. Enjoy shopping for the Graduation and especially, enjoy the ceremonies.

    All the best to Kiddo for an awesome summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations to the graduate!! Wishing him many wonderful experiences during his 4 high school years.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 8th grade graduation and 14 is such a crossroads ( suits, high school, growing up) Its all very "real" after this. Sigh, no more little kid. Congratulations! Buckle up and enjoy the ride. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum! Everything looks so good.
    My dude loves oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (which he always requests), chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting (total overkill in my opinion but hey whatever) and chocolate half moon cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so cute! And might I add, DELICIOUS!

    -Anne's Scribbles and Doodles

    ReplyDelete
  16. How fun!! I love the idea of desserts for dudes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG, Bridget! I just made the Beer Cupcakes for my dad and brother for an early Father's Day celebration tomorrow. These are quite possibly the BEST cupcakes I have ever had! I did pipe the icing, though. I'll come back with the link to my post when I put it up. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My husband would go nuts over those cigar cookies! Great round-up Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your blog! I was on your home page and hit "More Recipes" and I must say that I am surprised with one of the advertisements for a game, "Tynon," in the long skinny ad on the right. I really do love your recipes and know that you don't choose what the ads show, but I just thought I would let you know the lady could be covered up a little bit more.

    Again, I love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey anon...

      Thanks so much! I'll try to figure out where that it coming from and see if I can stop it from showing. I appreciate you letting me know! :)
      ~Bridget

      Delete
  20. Those KFC cookies are the best. I cannot do the real KFC. My husband loves it though. This will be our compromise.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Happy baking! :)
(Comments, especially on busy giveaways, may take a minute to show...thank you for your patience.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover