Thursday, June 9, 2011

Desserts for Dudes : Nutter Butter Brownies with Chocolate-Peanut Butter Ganache

Nutter Butter Brownies with Chocolate-Peanut Butter Ganache ::: bake at 350 blog
If you happened to pop by Bake at 350 last June, you may have noticed that the entire month was declared "Desserts for Dudes month."  Well, I kinda dropped the ball this year, but I'm going to sprinkle this June with "Desserts for Dudes" every now and then.

Chocolate + Peanut Butter.  Dudes love it.
{OK, chicks love it, too....but let's focus on the dudes.}
Nutter Butter Brownies with Chocolate-Peanut Butter Ganache ::: bake at 350 blog
I actually had a dream about these brownies last week.  It's apparently not enough that I think about food every minute of every WAKING hour....now I'm starting to DREAM about recipes.  Hey...that's a-ok with me!  It beats my reoccurring nightmare of forgetting to wear makeup to my own wedding. 

These brownies are super easy to make and they are super rich to eat.  And they are super quick to make me want to burn my bathing suit.

For the brownies, you'll just need a box of Ghiradelli Double Chocolate Brownie mix (the BEST boxed brownie mix EVER), and...
Nutter Butter Brownies with Chocolate-Peanut Butter Ganache ::: bake at 350 blog
...Nutter Butters.

Nutter Butter Brownies with Chocolate-Peanut Butter Ganache

1 box Ghiradelli Double Chocolate Brownie Mix
1/4 c. water
1/3 c. vegetable oil
1 egg
9 Nutter Butter cookies

Preheat oven to 325.  Spray or lightly grease an 8 x 8 metal pan.

Follow the instructions on the box by mixing the brownie mix, water, oil and egg just until combined.
Nutter Butter Brownies with Chocolate-Peanut Butter Ganache ::: bake at 350 blog
 Spoon 1/2 the batter into the prepared pan.  Add 8 Nutter Butter cookies on top.

Nutter Butter Brownies with Chocolate-Peanut Butter Ganache ::: bake at 350 blog
Add the remaining batter on top and smooth with an offset spatula.  Place one cookie on top.

Nutter Butter Brownies with Chocolate-Peanut Butter Ganache ::: bake at 350 blog
Bake for 39-43 minutes.  The brownies may look under-baked, but will be fully cooked as they cool.  Cool completely on a wire rack.

Chocolate-Peanut Butter Ganache
{adapted from The Culinary Life)

2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 & 1/4 c. heavy whipping cream
1/4 c. peanut butter (I use Skippy Natural Super Chunk...'cause I like to say "super chunk")
pinch coarse salt

Place the chocolate chips in a heat proof bowl.

 Nutter Butter Brownies with Chocolate-Peanut Butter Ganache ::: bake at 350 blog
Combine the cream, peanut butter and salt over low heat.  Stir until smooth.  Increase the heat to medium-low and, stirring constantly,  heat until bubbles form along the edges of the pan.

Nutter Butter Brownies with Chocolate-Peanut Butter Ganache ::: bake at 350 blog
Pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips and let sit for 5 minutes.  {See how the chips look all melty?}

Nutter Butter Brownies with Chocolate-Peanut Butter Ganache ::: bake at 350 blog
Gently whisk the chocolate chips until the mixture is shiny and combined. Over-whisking will cause the ganache to look bubbly and grainy, so stop once combined.

Nutter Butter Brownies with Chocolate-Peanut Butter Ganache ::: bake at 350 blog
Let the ganache sit to thicken up to spreading consistency.  If you're in a hurry, place the bowl of ganache over a bowl of ice water.  Stir every 15-20 minutes or so until thickened.

Nutter Butter Brownies with Chocolate-Peanut Butter Ganache ::: bake at 350 blog
This is called and "ice bath."  And with temperatures reaching 100 already, it doesn't sound like a bad idea.

Spread the ganache over the brownies with an offset spatula.  Hide the leftover ganache in the fridge...in the BACK of the fridge, because you'll be tempted to eat it all with a spoon.

Here's what kiddo said upon finishing his....
"That is the best dessert I've ever eaten. I'll be dreaming about that for the rest of my life."
Nutter Butter Brownies with Chocolate-Peanut Butter Ganache ::: bake at 350 blog
See?  Desserts for Dudes! ;) 

Nutter Butter Brownies with Chocolate-Peanut Butter Ganache ::: bake at 350 blog
{If you like Nutter Butters, be sure to try Homemade Nutter Butters! They're dreamy, too.}
I'm linking these to my friend Cheryl's "I'm Lovin' It" party.

77 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow!! These are out of this world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if these would count as a CARRY ON?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forget the dudes!! I am making these for me! Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing!

    Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally for girls too, I am obsessed with peanut butter and chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the only flaw in this who set up is the plate. I've never seen a dude eat a brownie on a plate - at least not one that he dished himself. :) And if it was in my house, the brownie wouldn't be cut either, it would have just been kind of ripped out of the pan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it is still warm they are probably going to eat some ice cream with it. Hence the plate.

      Delete
  6. These look amazing! I will have to add some nutter butters to the shopping list so I can give these a try... For my hubby, of course! Though, I will have to eat one (or two) for quality control.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we were in Texas, a friend made these, It was SO delicious! I think it would cut back on the fat in the cream cheese, too. Thanks for the recipe..Www.YB12Coach.Com

      Delete
  7. OOh Bridget! These look amazing! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goodness bridget! I need to make these, like today! I just can't justify making them just for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my. I think I may have to make this soon! The brownies look absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I seriously think I gained 10 pounds just reading this post! Those look A-mazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. As a Mrs. Dude I would say Mr Dude would LOVE this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How the heck am I supposed to fit in a bathing suit if you keep posting yummies like THIS! TO. DIE. FOR!!

    megmacdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This may be the best idea ever!
    No one really needs to wear a bathing suit anyway...
    -Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are getting made ASAP! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, these look perfect for my boys!! Plus, the peanut butter would add a little protein to the brownies...right, right?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Not fair this early in the morning. But I do LOVE that the straw perfectly matches the adorable plate!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Bridget!
    Where did you find the milk bottle? I would love to get a hold of them :)
    Aikko

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks SO good!!! Although I think I will enjoy them more than my dh, since I'm the one with the serious sweet tooth (thus more around the middle LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  19. Okay...two things. First, it is true that good things come in small packages. A slice any larger than what I had could have overwhelmed the senses! Second, I am pretty sure that no grown man should use the term "OMG." I will make a one time exception:

    One
    Mean
    Ganache!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh YUM! These look absolutely delish!!!! Can't wait to make them!
    ~Brett
    charmedlifediva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This looks Amazing! I am only week 4 into Weight Watchers, and with super bowl this coming Sunday you saved me from over doing it! I can have a few of these guys and not feel guilty plus I know my husband will love them. Can't wait to try them! Find Japanese Jeans

      Delete
  21. So my husband doesn't like peanut butter and my dad doesn't like peanut butter in his desserts.... that means one thing- I should make this for myself:-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is totally a dessert for "dudettes", too! Peanut butter and chocolate desserts are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'll be right over.............

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my word - those look incredible!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow...those look like the best brownies ever!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my GOODNESS! Kiddo's comment is a fantastic endorsement! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I forgot about Desserts for Dudes. Time FLIES! I like Mr. E's comment:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hav I told you lately how muchI LOVE you blog? Well I do, I have you in my Google Reader and always save your entrie for last so I ca savour them - and check out your links.

    Thanks for the great blogging experience and I want tobe like yuo when I grow up. Oh wait, I am grown up...shucks. :-(

    Janet in Winnipeg, Manitoba

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm making these tomorrow for my 2 little dudes and one big one. And I can't wait to dig in myself!

    ReplyDelete
  30. i just want to sit down with that bowl of ganache and eat it with a spoon. or 1/2 cup measuring cup. whatever's easier.

    ReplyDelete
  31. what if my dude doesn't like sweets?!

    ReplyDelete
  32. oh my teeth ache just imagining how rich these babies are . . . but boy, oh boy, what i wouldn't give for some of this w/a cup of coffee mid-afternoon . . . oh who ami kidding . . . breakfast, lunch and dinner!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm with your kids - I'll be dreaming about these the rest of my life! How can you go wrong with peanut butter and rich, gooey chocolate. Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is totally a dessert for Dudes! Did you know that Nutter Butter Cookies are the official cookie of NASCAR (according to Wikipedia!) So sad that they aren't sold in Canada...so very, very sad :(

    ReplyDelete
  35. Brownies + Nutter Butters in one bite?? Yes, please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh my goodness! I have two dudes here that will love, love, love this.
    I think I will too. Thanks for a great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful photos - they sound amazing! Chocolate and peanut butter call to me all the time. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  38. Passing out!
    Heavy whipping cream....chocolate chips...and peanut butter!
    CLONK!
    Just passed out!
    You got two CUTE dudes in your house...well 3 if you count Mr. Spike!
    Gotta keep those boys happy!
    I will not tell G that you treat your boys to such pleasures in life!
    I've got the BEST idea!
    Move to the Northwest and you will NEVER have to put that bathing suit on again!!!!
    Ah....haha!
    You can eat NUTTER~BUTTER brownies all day!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  39. Forget the Dude, I WANT THIS FOR MYSELF!!

    I LOVE Nutter-Butter cookies... Haven't had them in years, but that's changing today!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love Nutter Butters, and these look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  41. My goodness these look amazing!!! ANd I LOVE the idea of desserts for dudes. You are such a trend setter!

    ReplyDelete
  42. kill. me. know.

    i'm thinking if I made these that there might not be any left for the dudes in my life :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. This is definitely a dude dessert!! But if I made them, I doubt that my husband would get any ;) Whoever makes them gets first dibs, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Ooh, my dude would totally love these! In fact, I made Nutter Butter brownies a month or two ago, but they were eaten before I had a chance to photograph them. Love your addition of the chocolate peanut butter ganache...that's genius. :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Okay!
    I just passed out again!
    Popping over here to STUDY Royal Icing 101!!!
    Was taking a READ of your MANY MANY wow~wee comments!
    Passed out and hurt myself when I saw MR. E's comment!
    O~M~G x 1000!!!!!!!!
    How cute is he!
    How totalllllly adorable he commented on your blog!
    I love it!
    I adore your boys!
    I adore mine too!
    Just sayin! ;o)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  46. Oh my! I want to eat that entire pan!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Great idea for a Father's Day gift!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Wonderful! Absolutely wonderful!
    I love desserts, and I'm dude. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Woo hoo...I know what I'm making David for Father's Day, huevos rancheros and these brownies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  50. So glad I found this blog! So much fun and inspiration here! I just want to make everything in miniatures!!

    ReplyDelete
  51. this is to die for. Love the pictures

    ReplyDelete
  52. Have you ever tried Ghirardelli's dark chocolate brownie mix. I used to like the double chocolate best, but this one tops it!

    ReplyDelete
  53. What a great recipe, it looks delicious. I don`t think that is a very difficult recipe, so i will give it a try, thanks a lot for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  54. I just made these brownies and they were fantastic!! Thank you so much for sharing the recipe! Also, I love your site! You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  55. I made these over the weekend to take to a friend's house. They were a BIG hit! Thank you for sharing...so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Oh my goodness, I don't know if I've heard of anything so delightful in all my life! I know what's on the menu for me and my husband on our next "cheat day" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were so yummy & my family loved them! I used desserts so had to double the filling and breading parts. Thanks for sharing this recipe... Binary Options Trading

      Delete
  57. This dude thinks those look amazing. I cant wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  58. do you have a printer friendly option?

    ReplyDelete
  59. Those look so good! I love all the photos here, makes the recipe come alive for sure. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  60. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  61. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Thanks for posting this one and for sharing your recipe. I've been looking for a recipe of that dish. Good thing I stumbled upon in your blog. gluten free desserts

    ReplyDelete
  63. I didn't have Nutter Butters but I did have the little toasted crackers with peanut butter filling so trying those! It's baking now :)

    ReplyDelete
  64. I just had to comment to let you know that I made this recipe except I used a killer brownie recipe I have been using now for over 20 yrs that is from a very old Hershey's cookbook. That recipe makes only an 8 inch square pan so I quadrupled that and used my large Wilton cake pan I normally make the brownies in. Then I also used two layers of the cookies as well. OMG! HEAVEN in one pan. This is a killer recipe and was a HUGE hit. Everyone that was here had two of these even after eating a big meal. As much as I wanted to, I could not eat two but I will admit to having one for breakfast.......and possibly lunch too the following day. :)

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Found the recipe today…Shopped It, Prepared It, Cooked It, Ate It ALL!!!!! No Football but Fabulous X-Factor Food!!! Not to worry, I will be preparing another batch for NCAA Football this Saturday!!! Thanks So Much For Sharing This Yummy!!!!amyl nz

    ReplyDelete
  66. I just made these for breakfast and they are amazing! I've been loving this blog-everything I've made I've loved, but these might be my favorite. Hot and melty perfection! Argan Oil

    ReplyDelete
  67. OMG Just finished making this and they are delicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Buying vintage clothing is becoming ever popular and more mainstream by the day. And we don't all live in uber cool cities with bags of vintage shops to choose from. So most of us, through choice or not, are looking to buy vintage clothing online. One of the online vintage clothing stores is shop.oneskin.com.au.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Of course, what a great site and informative posts, I will bookmark this site. Keep doing your great job and always gain my support. This is a great article thanks for sharing this informative information.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Happy baking! :)
(Comments, especially on busy giveaways, may take a minute to show...thank you for your patience.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover