AmeriColor Gourmet Writers. . .Works For Me Wednesday


americolor writers
Royal icing is not your only option for decorating cookies. Have you tried food coloring pens?

There are several brands available, but this:
AmeriColor Gourmet Food Writer Set is my favorite! Why? Because they come in great colors and the tips are finer and easier for small decorating.

A few examples of where I've used Gourmet Writers:
frogs 40 close
{for eyelashes on frogs...}

2 peas in a pod 1
{eyes and ♥-shaped lips on sweet peas...}

jack's teacher cookies
{cookie decorating with the kiddo...}

teddy bears

eggs names karen


My tips...
  • if using on royal icing, let the icing dry overnight before using the markers. The royal icing might look dry in a few hours, but it's not...trust me. :)
  • use a light hand with the markers, or you can poke a hole right through the icing (those are the cookies you get to eat!)
  • store the pens in the refrigerator
  • have a paper towel nearby to blot the pen tips during use. Once you've decorated several cookies, the food coloring starts flowing a little more.
  • BLACK...you'll need the black pen the most. After that, I probably use pink and red most often. I still like to have all of the colors, just in case I need them.
AmeriColor Gourmet Food Writers work for me! Be sure to check out all of the other Works For Me Wednesday tips at We Are THAT Family!


Want more on "the details" of cookie decorating? Click here.



SHARE:
Blogger Template by pipdig