Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Julia's Triple-Decker Cheesecake

julia's cheesecake
Please tell me you've visited Julia over at Dozen Flours. Her blog is full of the most beautiful, mouth-watering concoctions. She makes a lot for her co-workers and I'm pretty sure there's a LONG, LONG waiting list to work at that place.

A few months ago, Julia posted a Triple-Decker Chocolate, Toffee, Coffee Cheesecake. I knew it would be the perfect dessert to make for my husband. So, this was our/his Father's Day dessert.
julia's cheesecake 2
Julia's cheesecake slice
Please forgive my not-so-great pictures. They don't do the cheesecake justice. It was wonderful...creamy and decadent. I followed Julia's instructions to the letter with 2 small exceptions:
  1. I didn't have instant coffee on hand, so I used instant espresso and cut the amount in half.
  2. I topped our slices with toffee pieces because I was too lazy to whip the cream and make chocolate shavings. :)
julia's cheesecake next day
{Here's a picture from day 2, I managed to cut it a little bit cleaner...still, Julia's pictures are better. }

It was a hit. If you like this flavor combination, you'll love this cheesecake! Thank you, Julia!!!

Hungry for more desserts?
Try this Turtle Ice Cream Pie or this No-Bake Cheesecake. :)

23 comments:

  1. It was soooo GOOD! May try a slice with breakfast this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just posted a little old piece of cheesecake on my blog but yours looks divine!!! I love your blog and think you are the ultimate baker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh stop it, I gained 2 pounds just looking at your photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm...that looks heavenly...umm...I mean evil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just drooled all over my keyboard. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  6. SWEET! that sounds WONDERFUL!!!

    ~TidyMom

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOOH! I HAVE to try that recipe!! My husband is one of those very strange people who doesn't like sweets!!! But, he loves cheesecake. I think he'd really like this one! Thanks for the recipe!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pictures are gorgeous...and that looks insane! I remember the post on dozen flours, but wondered how the coffee flavor would be in cheesecake...y'all liked it??
    If it is half as good as it looks...;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look so good! I wish I wasn't trying to be good this week and watch what I eat (ate too much on vacation last week). I will save this recipe for later, though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow this is impossible to resist :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delish! I could use a piece right now to get me through this day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what a delight to go to my reader and see this recipe as my first post to read. Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!

    I'm so glad you liked it and that it came out good for you. Wasn't it fun to make? I mean, it's kind of a pain in the butt but I thought it was worth it in the end.

    I'm so flattered that you trusted my recipe for your father's day celebration. :) You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It came out great!

    I agree,Julia rocks!
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay, why oh why do you do this to me during bathing suit season? Gosh that looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness, this cheesecake looks divine. I have to bookmark this pronto! Just found your blog, and I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi!
    this cheesecake looks gorgeous
    pls visit my blog too
    I made a similar one =)
    http://www.eggandsugar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks now I can't stop think in a mochaccino and a good piece of this cake, I can imagine the flavor of the coffee and chocolote mixed with cheesecake, all this with a little touch of cinnamon...OK se you later I go for one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like this site, it's so important to know more about this topic, keep it up and of course every time I have time I'll love to check out again

    ReplyDelete
  19. how do you share on pinerest?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Happy baking! :)
(Comments, especially on busy giveaways, may take a minute to show...thank you for your patience.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover