...itsy bitsy, teenie weenie, yellow polka dot bikini!
I thought we'd finish off Desserts for Dudes month by giving the guys a little eye
As Mr. E probably has guessed, this is as close to a bikini as I'm getting in this lifetime (or the next). Enjoy, honey.
The bikini cookies are really simple I outlined and filled in yellow royal icing; I used a combination of AmeriColor Lemon Yellow & Egg Yellow for this color. The dots were dropped on while the yellow icing was still wet. (A video of this technique is available here.)
To make the palm trees:
- Using #2 tips, outline the branches in green and the trunk in brown royal icing (AmeriColor Avocado and Leaf Green mixed, AmeriColor Chocolate Brown).
- Thin the royal icing with water to the consistency of thick syrup. Cover with a damp dish towel and let sit several minutes.
- Stir gently with a rubber spatula to break any air bubbles that have risen to the surface. Transfer to squeeze bottles.
- Fill in the trunk of the tree in brown.
- Fill in the leaves in green.
- After 1 hour or so, add the details to the truck in piping consistency royal icing, using a #2 tip.
- Let dry overnight.
- Prepare a "sanding sugar station." You'll need:
- meringue powder mixed with an equal amount water
- sanding sugar
- small paint brush
- coffee filter
- Paint the meringue powder/water mixture over the edge of the cookie.
- Holding the cookie over the coffee filter, sprinkle on the sanding sugar. Shake off excess onto the filter.
- Use the filter as a funnel to refill container of sanding sugar.
Alrighty...Desserts for Dudes month is officially over. Bring on the pink and sprinkles!