Sourdough Starter . . . Works For Me Wednesday

Nothing makes me feel like more of a real baker than baking homemade bread. Here's the problem....I forget. I have good intentions, then lunch rolls around and we have turkey and cheese and mustard...no bread.


Well, that's all changed since I bought a sourdough starter.
{See it bubbling away in there?!?}

Sourdough starter is the beginning of sourdough breads (and more)...and it's so easy to keep on hand. I keep mine in the fridge and "feed" it with water and flour about once a week. (The instructions come with the starter.)

No more forgetting to make bread because every time I open the refrigerator, there it is, staring back at me. {Kinda like those googly eyes in the Geico commercials.}


Here are some of the goodies I've made with my starter:

Sourdough bread (duh)...




Sourdough Ciabatta (now it's getting interesting)....




Sourdough Cinnamon Swirl Bread (ooooo)....



Sourdough Bread Bowls (look out, Panera!).....




even, Sourdough Waffles!


I've also made Sourdough Pizza Crust, but keep forgetting to take a picture. Pizza doesn't last long around here.

So, there you have it, Sourdough Starter works for me (you can buy your own here, from King Arthur Flour)! Click on over to Works for Me Wednesday for more great tips and ideas!

{This post was not sponsored in any way by King Arthur Flour. I'm happy to be an unpaid spokesmodelbaker.}


Like bread? You might also enjoy these related posts:
OH...and there are a few days left to vote. For each and every vote, Electrolux donates $1 to the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund. Thank you for supporting a wonderful cause!!!

vote for me

SHARE:
Blogger Template by pipdig