Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Don't hate me because I'm BOO-tiful!


October has to be my favorite cookie decorating time of year.

The pumpkins, the candy corns, the spider webs...oh my!

These cookies are some of my favorites...sassy little spiderwebs in bright pink and orange. No special cookie cutter required, any size round cutter will do.


Here's how to make them:
  • Outline a spiderweb shape in black royal icing using a #2 or #3 tip (AmeriColor Super Black).
  • Thin black, pink and orange icings with water to the consistency of thick syrup (AmeriColor Deep Pink and Orange). Cover with a damp dishtowel and let sit several minutes.
  • Stir gently with a rubber spatula to pop any air bubbles that have formed on top. Transfer thinned icings to squeeze bottles.
  • Working 6 - 8 cookies at a time, fill in the outlines in black, using a toothpick to spread into corners.
  • On top of the wet black icing, pipe on the thinned pink and orange icings in alternating circles.
  • Drag a toothpick through the icing, starting at the middle, towards the points to make a spiderweb pattern.
  • Let dry at least one hour.
  • Using piping consistency (non-thinned) icing , pipe spiders on the webs using a large plain tip for the bodies (such as a #7 or #12) and a #1 or #2 for the eight legs.
  • Let dry overnight.


Related posts:

42 comments:

  1. These are so good and they look nummy too...works of art! You are very talented, I'm sure mine would not look that good!
    Come say hi anytime :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow the black ones with pink spiders are just beautiful! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these too and the pink orange and black together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these~ I might try making them for Max's halloween party (I am in charge of baked goodies :)
    They are so unique~

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, these are just beyond adorable. So, so, so cute. I like the idea of using one of those little spider halloween rings as a special little favor on them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bright colors!! They look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are just too cool to eat. (Well. for most people.) I think I need a Cookie Anonymous group.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those! The black one with the pink and orange is my favorite. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are amazing-Id love to try them, but know Id be so mad when mine didnt turn out soo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, these are soooo cute! The neon is such a great idea. I'm going to try these, maybe we'll put spider rings on the top. Question: where do you get your bags for cookies? I need to make a bunch for a party and was wondering if there's a good place to order them online.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these! I have an order for some Halloween sugar cookies, and I'll definitely be doing a few of these!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG - LOVE the black ones with the pink spiders - they look so "girlie"! Great job and thanks for sharing! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. love these! Halloween is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are absolutely awesome!!! Great job. I will have to try these when I make my halloween sugar cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are really cute! I like the spiderweb effect.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are absolutely adorable! I'm going to have to try them!! Love the pink!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful!!! You are BEYOND talented!!!

    Blessings-
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mandy...I order my bags online from ULine.com (by the 1,000's). :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are just adorable. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Too cute!! Allison is sitting next to me when I was reading your post and now she wants us to make these! LOL

    Thanks for all your great ideas and wonderful instructions!!

    ~TidyMom

    ReplyDelete
  21. What? Seriously, these are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey Bridget!! These are oh, so adorable...I love the bright colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Look at these little spiders! I love these cookies, you are a genious.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! Just found your site. I can't believe how fabulous these cookies are!! I'm new to blogging. I can't believe what I've been missing out on!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are so cute! I wish I was as talented as you:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow!! this is just beyond impressive!! excellent!! m loving ye blog soooo much :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you for the bag info! I have a problem doing things in small quantities, so 1,000 is probably right up my alley.;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love these! I'm so glad you stopped by my blog so I could find you! I also love making cookies, and your's are so wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. These are so completely adorable!! Love your marbling and the color combo! Boo-tiful blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Those are just the cutest...love the little spider!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi, I log on to your new stuff like every week. Your story-telling style
    is awesome, keep doing what you're doing!
    Feel free to visit my blog post : ugg boots sale clearance

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Happy baking! :)
(Comments, especially on busy giveaways, may take a minute to show...thank you for your patience.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover