Friday, October 31, 2008

Sweet Tombstones...and a BRUSH WITH MARTHA!!!

Happy Halloween!!!

First, here are the tombstones, or headstones, for Halloween. These were fun to make. I don't know if you can tell, but the flowers are supposed to be wilted like an old neglected grave.
I used AmeriColor Gourmet Writers (food coloring pens) to write the names.
....and here they are all bagged up and ready. My husband is taking some to his customers today. :)
OK....so a "brush with Martha." Really, it's not so much HER, but as close as I'll ever get. :) Do you read Martha's Everyday Food blog? It's called Dinner Tonight, and is one of the blogs in my google reader. Well, today they have a link to some of their "favorite creations" from a gallery of creepy treats submitted by readers.

Guess who had 2 cookies make the list....ME!!! This just makes my day! Is it sad that I had to get up and do a little "happy dance" when I saw them? Maybe...probably! :)

See if you can spot them. And, have a wonderfully sweet and spooky Halloween! BOO!

18 comments:

  1. Sooo cute as always!! So how long did it take you to come up with the names? =s

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay -- I just looked at the MS site and your cookies are far and away the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the very first images are your's. What a nice little 'treat.' That's awesome, Happy Halloween!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool! Congratulations! Martha will be calling you for advice and ideas before you know it! Did y'all come up with the names yourselves?? They are funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Bridget,
    Thanks for submitting your photos! Not only are they in the gallery, they are now on the homepage. Check it out! It's in the Daily Inspiration module.
    Thanks!
    Alison
    Dinner Tonight online editor

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so awesome!!!! Congrats! Def. some of the best treats they featured for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is very, very, very exciting! Congrats! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  8. how exciting! The tombstones are hilarious- those names were cracking me up and they look great!! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your Martha mention -- that's really terrific! Love the tombstones, too. They are the happiest tombstones I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alison...well, you just made my day X 2! :) Thanks for the comment!

    flourgirl & molly...some of the names came from the internet and I made up a few. :) It is pretty cool that you can search for anything online...including "funny tombstone names"

    ReplyDelete
  11. You go girl!! This should be a Halloween that you won't forget! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hope you had a good halloween!these are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE THE TOMBSTONE NAMES!!THAT IS AWESOME TO HAVE A BUSH WITH MARTHA I AM SO PROUD :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You go girl! Good for you! See me? I'm doing the happy dance with you!

    And yes, your flowers looked wilted! Like the names, too.
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the tombstone names. I too love that you can find anything on the internet! Congrats on the martha post!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Happy baking! :)
(Comments, especially on busy giveaways, may take a minute to show...thank you for your patience.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover