Tuesday, June 16, 2009

HOMEMADE, Whole-Grain Pancake Mix. . .Works For Me Wednesday

Remember last week when I said I would give you a recipe to go with that buttermilk? Here it is! It's Homemade Whole-Grain Pancake Mix from, say it with me now, King Arthur Flour. :)
pancake mix

I love having this mix on hand. Why?
  1. It makes a big batch (about 80 pancakes worth!) and stores in the freezer.pancake mix in freezer
  2. My son is not a big breakfast eater, but pancakes, he will devour.
  3. The mix is chock full of whole grains and oatmeal, so I don't feel too guilty adding chocolate chips! :) Blueberries would be delicious, too!
pancakes
Just follow the instructions by clicking the recipe link above and fresh, good-for-you, homemade pancakes are just minutes away!

This definitely Works For Our Family! Visit We Are THAT Family to see what's working for everyone else.


Previous WFMW posts:

14 comments:

  1. Those look delicious!
    How handy to have them in the freezer ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOHH! I'm definitely trying these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving this ... especially with the blueberries - will be trying SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, what a wonderful mix for a quick breakfast! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to have this on hand for weekend guests, too. I never take time during the week to make a hot breakfast, but on weekends, well, that's a different story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I made homemade pancakes one time. they tasted good but were NOT fluffy. What's your secret yours look perfect!?
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ingrid...I always let the batter sit for the full 30 minutes, maybe a little more. (Usually it takes longer than I think for my son to drag himself out of bed.:)) Mine aren't super fluffy, but not flat, either.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look so light and fluffy! I'll try your trick next time I make something with whole wheat flour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. For me pancakes are the best way to start a day, with some orange juice, couple of slices of bread, and of course a milk shake, vanilla milk shake.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome!my kids sure gonna love this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These were so yummy! I've never liked a pancake recipe that called for whole-wheat flour, but these were delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the nice blog. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Happy baking! :)
(Comments, especially on busy giveaways, may take a minute to show...thank you for your patience.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover