To make the cookies:
- Outline a diamond shape in white icing using a #2 or #3 tip.
- Outline the shape of the ring, inner and outer circle, in yellow using a #2 or #3 tip (AmeriColor Egg Yellow)
- Thin white and yellow icings with water until the consistency of syrup. Cover with a damp dishtowel and let sit several minutes.
- Run a rubber spatula through the icing to break any air bubbles that have formed on top. Pour into squeeze bottles.
- Fill in the diamond on white flood icing. Use a toothpick to guide into corners.
- Fill in the ring with yellow icing.
- With a #3 or #4 tip, fill in the center of the rings in pink (AmeriColor soft Pink).
- Let sit at least one hour.
- With a #2 tip, pipe "yay!" across the cookies.
- Let dry overnight.
- Mix a small amount of meringue powder with water.
- Paint mixture on the diamond with a small paintbrush and immediately sprinkle with clear sparkling sugar.
Like these cookies? Check out some wedding cake cookies here!
Don't forget to enter the CHOCOLATE GIVEAWAY!!!