What's all the BUZZ about Valentine's Day?

I've been dreaming about little pink bees for about a year now....since last Valentine's Day! :) My favorite cookie of the three ended up to be the red heart covered in sanding sugar. I've never covered an entire cookie in sanding sugar, thinking it would look too plain, but actually they turned out really pretty (and they are so easy!).

For the sparkly red hearts:
  • In red icing, outline the heart. Use any plain tip...I used a #3 (AmeriColor SuperRed).
  • Thin red icing with water to the consistency of syrup. Cover with a damp towel and let sit several minutes.
  • Run a rubber spatula through the icing to break any large air bubbles and transfer to a squeeze bottle.
  • Fill in the hearts.
  • Let dry overnight.
  • Mix a little meringue powder with water. (To get a peek at my "sanding station," go here.)
  • Brush the mixture on the cookies with a small paintbrush.
  • Sprinkle with red sanding sugar.

SHARE:
Blogger Template by pipdig