Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Ornaments

Some pics of Christmas ornament cookies...
I was going for a Tiffany-blue here, but I don't think it quite worked. I mixed Sky Blue and Leaf Green.
I think the gold sparkling sugar adds a lot to these cookies. They looked a little plain to me before adding it. (Now that I am typing above all those dots and squiggles, it seems funny to call them plain, but trust me here.) :)
Here's a picture of my "sanding sugar station." In the silver cup, I have a mix of meringue powder and water. With my kids' paintbrush, I paint on the mixture and sprinkle on the sanding sugar over a coffee filter. After a several cookies, I use the coffee filter kind of like a funnel to pour the excess sugar back into the container. It doesn't roll off like it would on a plate or a paper towel.
Ateco is the brand of meringue powder I use. It is difficult to find since Sur La Table quit carrying it (grrr!), but instead of driving down to the cake decorating store, I ordered it from Amazon. It ships from a different company and I was thrilled when I ordered it on a Monday and it arrived on Friday!!! I highly recommend it!

22 comments:

  1. Those look amazing! :) and DELICIOUS!!.. At the same time! Wow..

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness! Your cookies are GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cookies are absolutely beautiful! Using the gold sugar is definitely a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! The gold powder is such a nice addition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and festive as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Bridget these are soooo fancy :) I love them so much and you used such pretty colors! Once again BRAVO!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another knock-out looking cookie. You are amazing. It boggles my brain even thinking about trying it...
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cookies look so gorgeous. Do you take orders for your cookies? I think they would sell really great. Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the blue and orange together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Those look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Molly...I guess they do look a little orange-y/red in the pics, but they're just red. Orange & blue would be pretty together, though!

    Treasure Ann....thank you! No, I don't take orders for them anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  12. once again I am awestruck. Not only do these look beautiful (better than some of the real ornaments I have on my tree) but they looks really tasty too. Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are really cute. How come you prefer Ateco over Wilton as far as meringue?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Landa...I like Ateco because I think it tastes better. It never gets clumps like some others I've used, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have some serious talent! Your cookies are all just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely fabulous. You are sooooo inspirational!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is sooo cute!!may i know how you use the "meringue powder + water mix"?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I thought I'd let you know that I found the Ateco meringue powder at my local Sur la Table. Previously all they carried was Wilton, but I found a few tubs of the Ateco. The Wilton has been on sale for a while so I wonder if they're discontinuing it and will only carry Ateco!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ditto here, too -- Sur Le Table in Naperville, IL carries Atecco MP. (Not that it helps you in TX.) I haven't gotten past Wilton b/c I get it so cheaply with my Wilton discount.

    ReplyDelete
  20. wonderful perfect for Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Will you post a tutorial for these they are beautiful but im not talented enough to figure this one out :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Happy baking! :)
(Comments, especially on busy giveaways, may take a minute to show...thank you for your patience.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover