UNI-candy-CORN Cookies

Help! I think my husband's bad puns are rubbing off on me. Ackkkkkk! Is this what happens when you've been married for 20 years?



Actually, I saw this image last year...after Halloween...pinned it, and thought, "next year, I'll cookie it." Fast forward to last week when it popped into my head again. I'm not even sure why, but I'm glad something sparked my memory.



If you have any unicorn cookie cutter, these will be a breeze to make. I think they'd be really cute just as a unicorn face as well.





I love, love, love the way all of the candy corn colors come together in the mane and tail. Super simple trick...I'll show you! (PS. That's sparkly disco dust, not salt. My camera was not picking up the sparkle...believe me; it's there! You can't have a unicorn without sparkle!)



This might be the best way to eat candy corns. Unless you mix them with peanuts. Otherwise, why waste the calories? Am I right? I feel the same way about Peeps. (Well, not the mixing with peanuts part, but the wasting calories part.)

Let's make these babies. To make uni-candy-corn cookies, you'll need:


Use a #2 tip to outline the cookies with white icing. 

Reserving some of the piping consistency icing, thin the white icing with water, a bit at a time, stirring with a silicone spatula, until it is the consistency of a thick syrup. You'll want to drop a "ribbon" of icing back into the bowl and have it disappear in a count of "one thousand one, one thousand two." Four is too thick, one is too thin. Count of 2-3 is good.

Cover with a damp dishcloth and let sit for several minutes. Stir gently with a silicone spatula to pop and large air bubbles that have formed. Pour into a squeeze bottle.

Pour into a squeeze bottle and flood the outline, using a toothpick to guide to edges and pop large air bubbles.

Let the cookies dry for at least one hour.



Place the orange and yellow icing in piping bags. Snip the tips. Pipe on the hooves. Add some icing where the horn should go and attach the candy corn.



Place the remaining white piping icing in another piping bag, snip the end. Place all three piping bags into a larger bag fitted with a small star tip, such as a #16. Try to get the end of each bag into the tip...or at least close to it.

Pipe the mane and tail of the unicorn using a zig-zag motion. (Test first on a paper towel to make sure all three colors are coming out.

Let the icing dry uncovered for 6-8 hours or overnight.

The next day, use food coloring pen to add the eye/eyelashes.



Dampen a small paintbrush, blot well, then brush onto the mane and tail of each cookie. Dip brush into the disco dust and brush onto the same areas. This can also be a totally dry application, less will stick.


The sparkle is very pretty in the light but doesn't show as much on camera.



Uni-candy-corns! Yay! ♥


SHARE:
Blogger Template by pipdig