Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Polka Dot Bunnies

Polka dot bunny cookies...not to be confused with polka dot kitties or polka dotty scotties...these cookies are just pure springtime happiness. I mean, how can you get any happier than dots, flowers, and bunnies?

polka dot bunny cookies
It's been rainy, rainy, rainy here for the past few days. I can't complain because A. it's an excuse to wear my yellow rain boots, and B. I think I can actually SEE my plants in the yard starting to bud out. Hello, flowing quince, I see you!!! 

polka dot bunny cookies
These bunnies are definitely adding some sunshine inside the house, even if there's a thunderstorm outside. The bunnies with their little flower garland necklaces are all decked out for Easter and sunny skies. Let's make them! 

You'll need:
polka dot bunny cookies
Use a #2 tip to outline the shape of the cookie in white icing.

Thin the white and deep pink icings with water, a bit at a time, stirring with a silicone spatula, until it is the consistency of a thick syrup.  You'll want to drop a "ribbon" of icing back into the bowl and have it disappear in a count of "one thousand one, one thousand two." Four is too thick, one is too thin.  Count of 2-3 is good.  Cover with a damp dishcloth and let sit for several minutes.

Stir gently with a silicone spatula to pop and large air bubbles that have formed.  Pour into squeeze bottles.

Working 6-8 cookies at a time, fill in the outlines with the thinned white icing, using a toothpick to guide to the edges and to pop large air bubbles.

polka dot bunny cookies
Starting with the first cookie flooded, dip a toothpick into the thinned pink icing and make small dots on top of the wet white icing.

Let the cookies dry 1 hour.

polka dot bunny cookies
Place the other colors into piping bags with #1 or small star tips. Place a leaf tip on the bag of green icing. Pipe flowers to make a floral necklace on the bunnies. For the icing with the star tip, make a "rose" by piping a small swirl.
polka dot bunnies flowers close photo polka dot bunnies 5 of 9.jpg

Let the cookies dry uncovered for 6-8 hours or overnight.

how to make polka dot bunnies decorated cookies
Hippity Hoppity!


  1. I am so with you - the sun was shining today and I was sitting on my balcony, soaking up every ray I could! It was still only a few degrees out, but I loved it.
    Those cookies look very cute, I can't believe I didn't think of using a toothpick before. My cookie skills are nowhere near this level but who knows..

  2. They are so cute Bridget:) I have never added a floral raised necklace..may try..:)

  3. These are adorable. The thing I like is really there are so many different combinations you can do at really no extra effort. Very cool.
    Oh and... "how can you get any happier than dots, flowers, and bunnies?" Sprinkles. Just sayin' :P


Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Happy baking! :)
(Comments, especially on busy giveaways, may take a minute to show...thank you for your patience.)

Pin It button on image hover