Sweet on Trader Joe's Saturday: Uncured Bacon Ganache Bar

Is there a person out there who can spy bacon chocolate bars at the Trader Joe's checkout and NOT buy one? I don't even think I'd finished reading the entire package before one of those babies was in my basket.

trader joe's uncured bacon ganache bar review : part of a weekly review series of tj's desserts
This week, we review Trader Joe's Uncured Bacon Ganache Bar. A 3-ounce bar costs $1.99. The package description reads, "a rich combination of dark chocolate ganache, pieces of uncured bacon, and a hint of smoked sea salt."


trader joe's uncured bacon ganache bar review : part of a weekly review series of tj's desserts
A mom's (my) take: Despite my initial reaction of "I must have this," I was a little taken aback to break this bar open and find it had a filling. I thought it would be a solid bar with bits of bacon. Well, the center is a thick, creamy ganache with bacon and smoked salt. This is bacon and chocolate done right...no big, chewy pieces of bacon, no hit in the face with smoked salt. The flavors all complement each other beautifully. If you've been curious about the combo of chocolate and bacon, but a little hesitant to try it, this is a good place to start.
Overall rating: 5 of 5 stars

A teenager's (Jack's) take: I have always been intrigued by bacon/chocolate combinations, and this specimen made me enjoy it all the more. The biggest flavor (besides the moderately dark chocolate) that hits me is the smoky flavor. I enjoy smoked foods whenever I happen to try them, and this is no exception (even though it's not meat). The combination of the textures of the chocolate, the ganache (which is fantastic) and the bacon pieces make for a perfect treat. Or snack. Or meal. Or... who knows what!
Overall rating: 5 out of 5 stars


trader joe's uncured bacon ganache bar review : part of a weekly review series of tj's desserts

Trader Joe's Uncured Bacon Ganache Bar: do it!


[note: We have no affiliation with Trader Joe's. I'm sure they have never read this blog and have no idea who we are. Hey, we like being incognito, although we never wear sunglasses indoors. ;)]

Read all of our Trader Joe's sweet treats and dessert reviews

Other things we're loving this week:

SHARE:
Blogger Template by pipdig