Saturday, June 27, 2015

Sweet on Trader Joe's Saturday: Toasted Coconut Cookie Thins

Hello, helloooooo! Happy Saturday!

trader joe's toasted coconut cookie thins review : from the weekly TJ's dessert review series from bakeat350.blogspot.com

Today, Jack and I are bringing you a review of Trader Joe's Toasted Coconut Cookie Thins.

trader joe's toasted coconut cookie thins review : from the weekly TJ's dessert review series from bakeat350.blogspot.com
A 9-ounce box (2 sleeves of cookies) costs $3.99. Trader Joe's describes these as "...a warm, toasty escape you can enjoy all year long."

trader joe's toasted coconut cookie thins review : from the weekly TJ's dessert review series from bakeat350.blogspot.com
A mom's (my) take: One bite and these cookies will magically transport you to a tropical island. I can totally picture it...the waves crashing, the lei of flowers around my neck, the sweet coconut rum cocktail in one hand, and these crunchy little cookies in the other. Ahhhhhhhh... The cookies are crispy, crunchy, light, and loaded with toasted coconut flavor.  These unassuming looking little cookies pack a flavorful punch and rank in my top 5 sweets we've ever reviewed. Now, I'm off to talk to Mr. E about planning that tropical vacation...on the other hand, if I just eat the cookies, I don't have to put on a bathing suit.
Overall rating: 5 of 5 stars

A teeanger's (Jack's) take: These little guys are packed with flavor. Before we get to that, though, the crunch is just right, to the point where it doesn't collapse, but not too crunchy to where you have to work at it. That provides you an opportunity to focus on the flavor. Of course, coconut is the star of the show, but I can taste some other things too: a butter-y taste, the a hint of toasted-ness (hence the title), and something that may be butterscotch. Or at least it tastes like it. Overall, if you need a light, but sweet pick-me-up, this is a wonderful way to go.
Overall rating: 5 out of 5 stars

trader joe's toasted coconut cookie thins review : from the weekly TJ's dessert review series from bakeat350.blogspot.com
Trader Joe's Toasted Coconut Cookie Thins: a tropical cookie vacation! 

[note: We have no affiliation with Trader Joe's. I'm sure they have never read this blog and have no idea who we are. Hey, we like being incognito, although we never wear sunglasses indoors. ;)]

Read all of our Trader Joe's sweet treats and dessert reviews

11 comments:

  1. Could you spend one Saturday giving us a list of your favorites from Trader Joe's? I always think that I will remember which items you like but when I get there my mind goes blank. A list sure would help me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a link at the end of the post that will bring you to all of the TJ reviews. Hope this helps!

      Delete
    2. There is a link at the end of the post that will bring you to all of the TJ reviews. Hope this helps!

      Delete
  2. I just bought the Meyer Lemon ones yesterday and loooooooved them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love these! They are really good crushed up as a crust for key lime bars. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tell me they're low-calorie. Please tell me they're low-calorie. Lie if you have to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look forward to your Trader Joe post every week.

    As a baker have you used their Baking Cocoa and what do think of it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I buy the Lemon cookies next to those in the store and always consider trying these. Now I'll grab both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My hubby loves these so much he asked me to pick up another box while I was out of town near a TJ's. They have ginger and lemon ones as well and they are all delish! They are the perfect, light, crispy cookie when you need just a little something. I bet they'd be delish half-dipped in chocolate or crumbled on top of, well, anything. These remind me of my favorite cookie from being a kid. I'm Canadian and they have these shortbead in Canada called NICE cookies which have a hint of coconut to them as well and I adore them! (http://www.peekfreans.com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My hubby loves these so much he asked me to pick up another box while I was out of town near a TJ's. They have ginger and lemon ones as well and they are all delish! They are the perfect, light, crispy cookie when you need just a little something. I bet they'd be delish half-dipped in chocolate or crumbled on top of, well, anything. These remind me of my favorite cookie from being a kid. I'm Canadian and they have these shortbead in Canada called NICE cookies which have a hint of coconut to them as well and I adore them! (http://www.peekfreans.com)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Happy baking! :)
(Comments, especially on busy giveaways, may take a minute to show...thank you for your patience.)

Pin It button on image hover