Monday, November 10, 2014

Peanut Butter Pumpkin Cookies....trust me on this one.

I know, I know.  Peanut butter and PUMPKIN???  It's not a combination I would have thought of until recently...and y'all, I give a lot of thought to pumpkin flavored EVERYTHING.
peanut butter pumpkin cookies from @bakeat350
You might have seen Jif Whips Peanut Butters in the store.  (My grocery store doesn't carry them, but Target does.)  They have a Pumpkin Pie Spice flavor and, oh man, it is good!  I've spread it on crackers, apples, and eaten it with a spoon.
(By the way, this post is NOT sponsored by Jif Whips, or, well, anyone except yours truly and my obsession all things pumpkin.)

peanut butter pumpkin cookies from @bakeat350

Grab yourself two containers...one for snacking and one for baking these cookies.

peanut butter pumpkin cookies from @bakeat350
One thing I love about these cookies is that they're simple.  No frosting, no sprinkles, no drizzle...just cookie.  They come together quickly and are the perfect peanut butter cookie for fall.

print recipe photo printrecipe.jpg

Peanut Butter Pumpkin Cookies


1 (15 oz.) container Jif Whips Pumpkin Pie Spice flavor
1 cup sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten with a fork
1/3 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon allspice

Preheat oven to 350.  Line cookie sheets with parchment.

Stir together the Jif Whips, sugar, egg, and pumpkin until well mixed.  Stir in the flour, baking soda, and spices until just combined.

peanut butter pumpkin cookies from @bakeat350
Use a 2-tablespoon scoop to dollop the batter, 2" apart, onto the prepared sheets.  Dip the bottom of a juice glass into a bit of flour, then press the cookies into thick circles.

Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until done.  Cool on the sheet for 1 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.

peanut butter pumpkin cookies from @bakeat350
Peanut Butter Pumpkin Cookies?  Try them; you just might like them!



decorating cookies party book

18 comments:

  1. This looks to good to be true! I'll be at my local Target searching for this. Happy Monday, Bridget :)
    www.lovecompassionatelee.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to look at for this flavor. These cookies look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yah, I want these for breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll take peanut butter and pumpkin ANY time! Love these!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think peanut butter and pumpkin are a great combination. Nice cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! Yes! I have an extra tub of this magical stuff just waiting to be baked into these wonderful looking cookies!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never thought about pumpkin&peanut butter mix! Sounds interesting, I'll definitely make your cookies^^ Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't seen the whips! I like that combo though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my, do these look amazing! I am going to be mighty disappointed if I go into my local grocer tomorrow and I don't find this peanut butter... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh girl, I KNOW!!! I just posted PNB and Pumpkin Cupcakes, because it is in fact the bet combo ever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bridget,
    This certainly seems like a crazy combination but the cookies look yummy.
    Annamaria

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, they look so yummy! I think I might make them for our cookie exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interrrrresting! PB and Pumpkin seem to be a GREAT team in these cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my these sound so good. I wonder if they have 'Jif whips' where I live. Which is Canada. Why don't we get cool stuff, too?!?! Oh the flavour envy I have!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The dough is to die for! I'm resisting throwing in chocolate chips.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just made these tonight and per my husband "these are my new favorite cookies". Hopefully Jiff comes out with this whipped PB every year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Happy baking! :)
(Comments, especially on busy giveaways, may take a minute to show...thank you for your patience.)

Pin It button on image hover