Saturday, September 27, 2014

Sweet on Trader Joe's Saturday: Pumpkin Macarons

I snapped this picture in Trader Joe's yesterday:
pumpkin season at Trader Joe's
It is OFFICIALLY pumpkin season!  Yay!!!

Today, we review Trader Joe's Pumpkin Macarons. 

trader joe's pumpkin macarons review

trader joe's pumpkin macarons review
You'll find these in the freezer section, but don't worry, they only take 30 minutes to defrost.  Trader Joe's description of these is "light and delicate, yet abundant with the smooth, warming flavor of pumpkin and traditional pumpkin pie spices..." A box of 12 macarons costs $4.99.

trader joe's pumpkin macarons review
A mom's (my) take: Trader Joe's does macarons right.  A delicate, crisp shell, a chewy interior, perfect little feet, and a flavorful but not overpowering filling.  The pumpkin flavor is just can taste both the pumpkin and the spices, really reminiscent of pumpkin pie.  My only complaint, as it is with all's way too easy to eat 6 of them and still want more. ;)
Overall rating: 5 of 5 stars

A teenager's (kiddo's) take: These are the best store-bought macarons I've ever had. The light, airy shell is perfectly balanced by the chewy, sweet interior. The pumpkin flavor is not too strong but still enough to taste it. I could also eat several boxes of these.
Overall rating: 6 out of 5 stars :)
trader joe's pumpkin macarons review
Trader Joe's Pumpkin Macarons: it's pumpkin season, y'all.

To read more of our Trader Joe's dessert reviews, click here.  


  1. I love pumpkin pie, macarons and Trader Joe's. Unfortunately, we are almost 200 miles from the nearest TJ. I may have to take a road trip!

  2. Please, Trader Joe's....please put a store in our area. Have yet to try macarons--they look delightful. They sound like a great little dessert to have on hand for unexpected guests.

  3. I Love your beautiful stories, stunning photographs and mouthwatering creative recipes! Thanks for sharing Great recipe ideas. I love this article. It’s a really great article. Thanks for sharing..

  4. oh great, now I HAVE TO buy these today. My waist line does not thank you. My tummy says 'I love you!'

  5. I had them last year for the first time...fantastic!! They were SO good!

  6. Hi Im a friend of Nancy Wyatt and she has mentioned you before. Im so glad I'm finally looking over your blog. With Trader Joe's being somewhat new to the Spring/Woodlands area, I was so excited to shop there but I get so overwhelmed and don't know what is good and not. I am so excited to read over a take notes about all your reviews. Thanks girl!

  7. Wow for Kiddo!
    6 out of 5 stars!
    Am I the only one who's not craZy about PUMPKIN?
    What is it about PUMPKIN?
    I do love orange & white pumpkins for decor but everywhere I look everyone is eating pumpkin! ;)
    Am I missing out?
    Wait a minute.
    I've never tasted NUTELLA either!!!
    I'm for sure THE one & only ODD-BALL!
    I'm totally NOT hip!

    1. I'm not a huge fan of pumpkin pie but over the past few years I have been loving pumpkin. Especially pumpkin soup!

  8. Two things...first, I wish there was a Trader Joe's close by because these Saturday posts are making me super jealous, especially this one! Secondly, and probably more importantly, I had the best mail day Monday! I finally got my hands on your beautiful new book! Congratulations! I just love it and I appreciate how positive you keep everything, and the encouragement you show your readers to keep practicing. Thank you so much! I can't wait to have my first decorating party, and thanks to you I'm sure it will be a blast!

  9. Yeah they were super good. I was really surprised.

  10. The Trader Joe's Pumpkin Macarons are out of this world!! I highly recommend them ... you will not be disappointed!


Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Happy baking! :)
(Comments, especially on busy giveaways, may take a minute to show...thank you for your patience.)

Pin It button on image hover