Wednesday, July 30, 2014

German Chocolate COOKIES!

german chocolate cookies ... more frosting per bite than german chocolate cake!
Do you ever find the frosting to cake ratio to be a little low on the frosting side when eating German Chocolate Cake?
Do you ever find yourself eating the coconut pecan frosting with a spoon straight from the pan?
Do you ever find that your pants won't button?

{Let's not talk about that last one.}

coconut pecan frosting for german chocolate cookies!

OK...I have the recipe for you.  German Chocolate Cake COOKIES!  Yep, cookies.  The frosting ratio is higher, and there's no need to bake a layer cake.

german chocolate cookies ... more frosting per bite than german chocolate cake!
The cookies are delicious on their own, but topped with the coconut pecan frosting.  Oh my.

Want the recipe?  I'm sharing it over at Imperial Sugar.  Come and get it!
{You can always buy bigger pants.} ;)
german chocolate cookies ... more frosting per bite than german chocolate cake!

18 comments:

  1. I have also asked the question regarding the German Chocolate Cake vs Frosting ratio! These cookies are a great answer - and look so delicious! I will be trying this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never had a frosting dilemma and since you've solved it, I don't think I will :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i lopve this items sooooooo much thanks for this different kinds
    Window mosquito net in Coimbatore

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cookies! They look just irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! Yes to all those questions. I've not been sorry the few times I doubled the frosting recipe when making german chocolate cake:) Off to look for the cookie recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loooooving these cookies Bridget! That frosting, mmmmm!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look fantastic - and yes, I have definitely felt the need for more frosting! Also, I love your heart-shaped measuring cup :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love German chocolate ANYTHING! These look awesome. I can't wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am curious to find out what blog system you have been working with?

    I'm having some minor security issues with my latest blog and I'd like to find something more risk-free.
    Do you have any recommendations?

    my web blog - self build home []

    ReplyDelete
  10. These cookies look amazing!! I have got to try these sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  11. First, addressing the frosting to cake ratio in general. I always joke with my brother, who is a math teacher, about cupcakes have a better frosting to cake ratio. Fun. As well, I bake my husband German chocolate cake (named after the man not the country, btw) every year for his birthday. It is his favorite. This is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally agree that the frosting ratio is a little low on German Chocolate cakes. But, you can never have too much frosting, in my humble opinion. :) These cookies look just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The coconut pecan frosting looks and sounds delicious! I don't think I've tried it before but that will hopefully change soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are adorable and so much easier than making a whole cake!

    ReplyDelete
  15. :) I do typically find the frosting to cake ratio bad! These cookies are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Why didn't I ever think of this? German chocolate cake is one of my all time favorites!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Happy baking! :)
(Comments, especially on busy giveaways, may take a minute to show...thank you for your patience.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover