Saturday, May 17, 2014

Sweet on Trader Joe's Saturdays: Hold the Cone Mini Ice Cream Cones

Our Trader Joe's dessert review this week starts in the freezer section...with the Hold the Cone! Mini Ice Cream Cones (chocolate variety).

trader joe's mini ice cream cone review!
Trader Joe's describes these as "filled with rich chocolate ice cream and chocolate flavored coating."

trader joe's mini ice cream cone review!
Each package contains 8 mini ice cream cones and sells for $2.99.

trader joe's mini ice cream cone review!
My take: I was prepared to not like these. Frozen "treats" (with the exception of Blue Bell ice cream sandwiches) usually underwhelm me.  The mini cones?  Oh my goodness.  I loved them.  The chocolate ice cream is creamy and soft, and each cone is filled with just a bit of chocolate at the bottom...a happy little bonus.  This box was in our house for about 18 hours before we'd eaten them all.  Plus: "Hold the Cone!"  Bonus point for the cute name!
Overall rating: 5 of 5 stars

Kiddo's take: This is just like Dairy Queen, except smaller! The delicious chocolate shell yields easily, revealing a decadent chocolate ice cream. The waffle cone complements the ice cream well, adding a crunchy element to the mix.
Overall rating: 5 out of 5 stars
trader joe's mini ice cream cone review!
Trader Joe's Hold the Cone Mini Ice Cream Cones: stock your freezer!!!

trader joe's mini ice cream cone review!

8 comments:

  1. These things are good, maybe too good. I can't stop at just one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since we have to travel 30 minutes to get to Trader Joes, I really appreciate these columns. When you only get there every couple of months, it's nice to have a list of good things. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, these look so delicious! I am now pining for ice cream!

    http://www.cephalopodsyndrome.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I love Kiddo more with every review! 'yields easily'......he's the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad I didn't make my trip to Trader Joe's yet! Those look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bridget,
    These look adorable. Great choice.
    Annamaria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, we tried these at my quilting group per your recommendation and they are wonderful! I'm going to keep my freezer stocked with these superb little treats. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Happy baking! :)
(Comments, especially on busy giveaways, may take a minute to show...thank you for your patience.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover