Saturday, April 12, 2014

Sweet on Trader Joe's Saturdays: Cowboy Bark

Kiddo & I spend a lot of time eating together, but not as much time baking together like we used to.  At age 15, he's really more about the EATING of desserts than the making of desserts.

Oh gosh....just looking back at those "Kiddo in the Kitchen" posts has me all verklempt.

trader joe's cowboy bark review
So, we decided to do a little something together called Sweet on Trader Joe's.  Every Saturday (hopefully), we'll be reviewing and rating one sweet selection from, you guessed it, Trader Joe's.

trader joe's cowboy bark review: chocolate, toffee, pretzels, peanuts...YUM!
We start with Cowboy Bark.  Trader Joe's describes it as "Ruggedly Adventuresome...dark chocolate with toffee, pretzels, Joe Joe cookies, peanuts, almonds and a sprinkling of salt.
I'm pretty much sold at this point.  A 9-ounce bag sells for $3.69.

trader joe's cowboy bark review: chocolate, toffee, pretzels, peanuts...YUM!
My take: Please get this out of my house.  It's perfection.  The salty, the sweet, the crunch, the chocolate...all broken into pieces which makes it just TOO easy to grab a piece (or three) every time you're near the pantry.  Delectable.  Overall Rating: 5 of 5 stars

Kiddo's Take: The richness and softness of the not-too-dark dark chocolate base combined with the crunchy and flavorful taste of the pretzels, peanuts, and toffee is sure to leave you with a sweet-and-salty experience you will never forget.  Overall Rating: 5 out of 5

Trader Joe's Ruggedly Adventuresome Cowboy Bark:  it's a MUST BUY. 

trader joe's cowboy bark review
Any requests? What's your favorite Trader Joe's sweet?

21 comments:

  1. Awesome idea! Request: Dark Chocolate Edamame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been going through your blog and just eanted to say that I really like it :) http://finestprocrastination.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. From one peanut butter lover to another, you have to try the chocolate covered peanut butter filled pretzel bites. Not sure what they are called, but can be found in the frozen aisle on a shelf above the freezers. I cannot keep them in the house- they call my name from the pantry. I made the mistake once of buying 2 bags at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that you are doing this, how fun!
      How about their dark chocolate peanut butter cups?

      Delete
  4. Their Maple Leaf cookies are really good too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun series to do with your son! I just wish we had a Trader Joe's up here in Canada so I could try this stuff out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This series will be dangerous to our food budget....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought a bag of that bark and said the same thing. Get this out of my house. And I didn't even say please, at least you have good manners :) This stuff is too good and it disappeared way too fast for me to buy it again! I love Trader Joe's and am so glad I live near one. It's always an adventure in eating!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a dangerous series... I can't be left alone with a jar of TJ's Cookie Butter :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What section of the store did you find this??

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm looking for that next time I go to Trader Joe's.........like today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have to try the Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Salted Caramel Truffles. They are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just got a job at a new Trader Joe's that is coming into my town, and I am the happiest girl ever - I cannot wait to see what your favorites are as I discover my own!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Also check out:
    http://www.whatsgoodattraderjoes.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bridget,
    If something is in broken pieces, then there are no calories in them. I bet these are delicious.
    Annamaria

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been shopping at Trader Joe's every week for the past eleven years. I know just about everything they carry. They sponsor snack for both my boy's books clubs that I run. Yah for Trader Joe's. I would have to say some of my sweet favorites are their yogurt pretzels and their chocoalte chip cookie ice cream sandwiches. They also have very nice cranberry orange scones. When we have thought of moving I alway make the point that we have to move close to a Trader Joe's.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Canadian in me tells me you have to try the Maple Sandwich Cookies. My newfound favorite is the dark chocolate covered Pretzel Slims (I dare you to just eat one). My husband and I's favorite, however, has to be the dark chocolate bar with toasted coconut and black sea salted caramel filling. HOLY CRAP.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been eyeing these ... they sound dangerous though. Talk about danger -- their dark chocolate salted almond are ridiculous. They are so amazing and perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A week ago my friend sent me a picture of these as she was buying them in TJ's! I'm so excited to get some for myself! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hate to whine but I tried these on your recommendation and they absolutely didn't stand up to the hype. They didn't even look close to your photo. The chocolate was nice and dark with a good flavor but really disappointing. Thanks for the tip - better luck next time for me!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks too delicious! There are some things I just CANNOT buy from trader joes like the sea salt brownies because I will eat them all in one day and thats horribly sinful. These look amazing I might just have to try!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Happy baking! :)
(Comments, especially on busy giveaways, may take a minute to show...thank you for your patience.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover