Thursday, January 2, 2014

Resolution: more cheesecake

Eat more cheesecake.  Yep, I think it's the perfect New Year's resolution.  

{It sure sounds more fun than "eat more greens."}
chocolate chip cheesecake with hot fudge sauce from @bakeat350
I've had this recipe in my repertoire before I even had a repertoire.  Actually, I'm not sure I have one now.

Bottom line, this was one of the only desserts I ever made when I was a single gal and would invite friends (or a date!) over for dinner.  It won Mr. E's heart...I think it might win yours, too.

chocolate chip cheesecake with hot fudge sauce from @bakeat350
What sends it over the top is serving it on a pool of warm fudge sauce.  I think I was about 20 or so and I ordered chocolate chip cheesecake at a pizza restaurant.  (Gosh, those were the days...eating pizza AND ordering dessert...with no guilt, and no thigh anxiety!)  Anyway, they served it on top of fudge sauce and I was completely smitten.

That cool, creamy cheesecake with a bit of deep, dark, chocolate sauce...one bite is sure to elicit sighs of happiness from your dinner guests.

chocolate chip cheesecake with hot fudge sauce from @bakeat350
You can absolutely used a jarred hot fudge sauce; that's how I served it for years.  To tell you the truth, though, homemade fudge sauce is so dang easy to make...and you really will feel like a domestic goddess when it's finished.

print recipe photo printrecipe.jpg

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake with Hot Fudge Sauce


for the crust:
1 & 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 c. dutch-process cocoa (such as Hershey's Special Dark)
1/3 c. sugar
1/3 c. salted butter, melted

for the cheesecake:
3 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
3 eggs, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup mini chocolate chips, divided
1 teaspoon flour

for the sauce:
1 cup water
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup dutch-process cocoa (such as Hershey's Special Dark)
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
3 ounces dark chocolate, finely chopped

Preheat oven to 300.

make the crust:
chocolate chip cheesecake crust ingredients photo chocolatechipcheesecake1of15.jpg
Stir together the graham cracker crumbs, cocoa, sugar, and melted butter.

chocolate chip cheesecake crust photo chocolatechipcheesecake2of15.jpg
Press evenly into the bottom and a little up the sides of a 9" springform pan.  (I use a measuring cup to press the crust down.)  Set aside.

for the filling:
With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until fluffy.  Add in the sweetened condensed milk and beat until smooth.  Beat in the eggs and vanilla, scraping down the sides and bottom of bowl as needed.

chocolate chip cheesecake chips photo chocolatechipcheesecake3of15.jpg
In a small bowl, toss 3/4 cup of the mini chocolate chips with the flour.  Fold into the cheesecake batter.  Pour into the prepared pan.  Sprinkle the remaining chips over the top.

chocolate chip cheesecake baked photo chocolatechipcheesecake5of15.jpg
Bake for 1 hour.  Turn oven off and allow to cool in the oven for 1 hour.  Remove to a cooling rack; run a thin knife all the way around the edge of the cheesecake.  Cool completely before refrigerating.

make the sauce:
In a medium saucepan, heat the water, sugar, and corn syrup together until boiling.  Stir frequently.  Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the cocoa.  Add the vanilla and whisk again until combined.

Add the chopped chocolate and let the mixture sit for 3 minutes.  Use a silicone spatula to stir the mixture until the chocolate is melted and smooth.  Let the mixture cool and refrigerate.

serve:
chocolate chip cheesecake with hot fudge sauce from @bakeat350
Scoop some of the sauce into a microwave safe bowl and heat on 50% power until warm.  Spoon out fudge sauce on each plate and top with a slice of cheesecake.

{source: for cheesecake, unknown....sauce: adapted from Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams at Home}

[note: I use Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa for the sauce and crust.  I love the taste and the dark, rich color.  Feel free to use any cocoa powder.]

chocolate chip cheesecake with hot fudge sauce from @bakeat350
Resolve to eat more cheesecake in 2014?  Sounds good to me.

33 comments:

  1. If this is anything like your Chocolate Kahlua tart then I'm all for eating for cheesecake in 2014. That tart has never failed me and is one of my favourite desserts to serve with company. This cheesecake may just come in a very close second. Happy New Year Bridget!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making more cheesecake is the best resolution EVER! I love this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Count me in. Greens are so overrated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This recipe looks delicious! I was just reading through it and noticed in the description you mention eggs, but in the ingredient list you did not list them - could you please revise the recipe to include that info :)

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Keri! Yep...they are listed, both here and in the printable version: "3 eggs, room temperature." Maybe the "room temperature" made them easy to miss.

      Happy baking!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a great resolution to me! Cheesecake beats out greens any day:)

    Beth @ Hungry Happenings

    ReplyDelete
  6. finally a resolution that is easy to achieve...and over achieve!

    ReplyDelete
  7. concordo con il tuo golosissimo proposito per il nuovo anno!!
    tantissimi auguri di buon anno :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have mercy, this looks good!!!

    And happy new year!
    Can`t wait to see what your blog brings this year :D

    Best regards from Norway

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was so surprised when I open your blog to see this cheesecake recipe. I have been making that very same recipe for years. Well except the sauce. I never thought to serve it with sauce. Anyway it is my sons favorite dessert to have for his birthday cake. So yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally a resolution I can make and keep. In fact I will be declaring 2014 the year I make and eat more cheesecake starting with this delicious one!!! Thanks for sharing. Happy New Year Bridget!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my word does that ever look INCREDIBLE!! I think I mat have to vow to eat more cheesecake too! Can't wait to make this!! Happy 2014! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. YUM! I do love cheesecake, but I hardly ever make it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been wanting this recipe! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yup! Sounds better than diet food any day!! Perfect recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was actually my New Years resolution..for serious! This looks insanely delish, it will definitely be going in my face in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a great New Year's resolution! A goal I could definately keep!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh no, not more. I already eat too much of this deliciousness, hahahaa

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this resolution (and the cheesecake!)!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lordy, I never met a cheesecake I didn't like, and THISONE is no exception to that rule! The only problem is that it's not all ready for me to cut into. ;) LOVE the resolution!! :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Brilliant!!! Highly fruitful information as well as relevant posts I got on your site!!! What a fantastic team of professionals are there, it appears your website development company is greatly scaling up on the ladder of progress and advancement.

    Google advertisement

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's funny because I was thinking about my blog last week/editorial calendar, and I realized I hadn't made/blogged about a cheesecake for years! So, that actually was my resolution for this year: to make & eat more cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think I would love to eat more cheesecake in 2014 ;) This looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really , really like your resolution! I thought I would resolve to clean all my kitchen cabinets this year and then I thought... NAH. Funny thing is, I have now cleaned approximately half of my kitchen cabinets. Weird, huh? Power of suggestion maybe. Anyway, I hope the desire to clean continues. It's so NEEDED. I love your blog. I read a post from a few years ago of yours about blogging. Fun. Blogger or Wordpress. I'm still on the edge with that. Some people say that Google favors Wordpress. Have a great day. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  24. Even the Images are making me to taste the cake right now.... Can't wait to taste it...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh goodness, does this sound AMAZING! Thigh anxiety...hehe I am totally going to steal, I mean borrow that one!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Who wants greens when you can have cheesecake??? Pffftttt

    ReplyDelete
  27. the recipe you prepared is awesome it seem attractive and it might be tasteful.
    brochure designers in coimbatore

    ReplyDelete
  28. I couldn't agree more! I just work out more so I can indulge in goodies like this :) Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. nice to see this cheese cake...i think it is taste also too good....wonderful
    south indian fish receipe

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow gorgeous cake – love the height and the rich colour. Bet it tastes amazing! I would love a piece right about now ;)

    فوائد الزعتر

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Happy baking! :)
(Comments, especially on busy giveaways, may take a minute to show...thank you for your patience.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover