Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Peanut Butter Cup Turkey Cookies

These are not your average, everyday turkey cookies. 
{Wait...are there everyday turkey cookies?  Let's think about this.}
 peanut butter cup turkey cookies...triple-shot of peanut butter: cookie, cup & frosting! from @bakeat350
So, what makes them special?

peanut butter cup turkey cookies...triple-shot of peanut butter: cookie, cup & frosting! from @bakeat350
First...there's a big ol' peanut butter cookie as the base.  Then, the peanut butter cup "body" (secured with some melted chocolate).  Oh!  And the feathers?  That's peanut butter buttercream, my friends.

Peanut Butter Cup Turkey Cookies...

You'll scoop the cookies out and flatten them with the bottom of a glass.
 photo PBturkeycookies10of8.jpg

When they bake, they get a little poufy, then flatten out as they cool.
big, beautiful, peanut butter cookies from @bakeat350

Now, things are getting interesting....
pb turkey cookies start photo PBturkeycookies12of8.jpg

I just couldn't resist adding the little mouths on their faces.  Smirk, full smile, heart lips?  I couldn't decide.  All of the above!!!
peanut butter cup turkey cookies...triple-shot of peanut butter: cookie, cup & frosting! from @bakeat350

I'm sharing the recipe and assembly instructions over at Imperial Sugar.

{Gobble, gobble!}
pb turkey cookies side photo PBturkeycookies14of8.jpg

41 comments:

  1. Those are adorable! We've been invited to a friend's house for Thanksgiving and these would be perfect to take. We'll see if I get around to it, I'd really like to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just too cute! The kids would love to make them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! I love the ones with the crazy eyes :) You had me at peanut butter frosting btw!

    <3 Vicki
    wildeinthekitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cutest cookies ever!! And SO good! Peanut butter, chocolate and googly eyes! YUM and SO fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are the cutest cookies I have ever seen! Seriously, adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute Bridget! Perfect to make with my nieces and nephews! Happy Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just printed it out and I'm going to make them. Very cute, and my nephew hates pie so this will be perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! The perfect Thanksgiving treat for the kiddos to help out with!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bridget! I LOVE these because they come together relatively easy, sound delicious and are beyond CUTE!!! You've done it again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SUPER cute!! I'm making decorated turkey cookies today and thinking the kiddos I'm making them for would sure rather have yours!! (I hope my daughter's 1st grade friends don't read your blog) =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way! I know whatEVER you made was total cuteness!

      Delete
  11. I love the expressions on your turkeys' faces ... they crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What precious cookies! These would make any child (or adult!) so happy. Love these! Pinning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seriously, these are the cutest cookies on this planet! I can't wait to make them with my nieces and nephews!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are the cutest Thanksgiving cookies I have EVER seen! Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I giggled outloud these are so cute! I think I might actually be able to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stop! These are the CUTEST!!! I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
  17. FULL SIZED Reese's for the win! And I think you have redeemed yourself after the spider peanut butter blossoms! :) Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are so cute! What a fantastic idea :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh Bridget these are SO stinkin' CUTE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh how cute! My kids would go nuts over these!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those are just adorable! And the peanut butter is an added bonus :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just curious...what size peanut butter cup did you use for these? Mini, snack size, or regular. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What did you dye your frosting with?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my gosh. First, these are SO adorable!
    Second, I love how you carry the peanut butter theme throughout these cookies - they're just the perfect Thanksgiving treat!
    Pinned. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the darling little faces! So fun and creative Bridget!

    ReplyDelete
  26. How did you make the eyes ? Frosting ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Samantha...click the link in the post for the recipes and how-to. :)

      Delete
  27. Candy corn for a beak? I can't help but think his face looks empty. But either way, so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Happy baking! :)
(Comments, especially on busy giveaways, may take a minute to show...thank you for your patience.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover