Monday, September 30, 2013

Spiced Candied Pecans...put them on your list.

Are you like me?  About this time of year, do you start making a mental list of the goodies you want to make for neighbors, friends, teachers, etc. over the holidays?  Goodness knows I'd never be organized enough to make an ACTUAL list.
spiced candied pecans...put this recipe on your list for homemade holiday gift-giving!
Well, put these on your "to make" list, mental or otherwise.

Spiced with cinnamon, allspice, and cloves...and just a *pinch* of red pepper for a little somethin' somethin', these spiced candied pecans are sweet, spicy and utterly addictive.

spiced candied pecans...put this recipe on your list for homemade holiday gift-giving!
These guys are so additive, that I could not stop eating them.  I had to get them out of my house.  One of the bags, I gave to my friend, Lupita.  Lupita in her wisdom said, "oh, these would be so good on a salad."

The thought never occured to me as I was inhaling them straight off of the cookie sheet.  Yes, they are delicious on salads, too. ;)

spiced candied pecans pecans photo spicedcandiedpecanstoasted.jpg
You'll toast up some Texas pecans...ok, you can use pecans from other states, too.
{...and how cute is that heart spoon?}

spiced candied pecans pan photo spicedcandiedpecanspan.jpg
You'll use a candy thermometer, but don't be scared.  You'll be fine.  This is the candy thermometer I use.

spiced candied pecans...put this recipe on your list for homemade holiday gift-giving!

Have you added them to your must-make list, yet?  
I'm sharing the recipe over at Imperial Sugar.

spiced candied pecans...put this recipe on your list for homemade holiday gift-giving!




22 comments:

  1. Love this --- I just need to get a new candy thermometer, I've been through so many and they keep breaking...I'll try your recommendation. I also like your cute portion control cups :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I thought I was the only who makes a list of things to make! I'll definitely put this on my list!! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, yes, yes! I was just thinking that this Christmas or Thanksgiving or actually both that I need to make candied pecans. These look so amazingly delicious. I am not sure would be able to gift them. I think they would be gone the second they came out of the oven!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg, so delicious. I made something similar last fall and I can't bring myself to make them again because I ate them all in one day. I'm sure they were supposed to be shared with others too, however....

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pecans are soooo delicious!!! When Bridget gave us the pecans, I thought about making a salad and add them to it, but that never happened…when we got home one cup was gone and I safe some for my husband and off course he finished them all….I have never make candied pecans so I will be try this recipe soon and I will make my salad!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the recipe and most of all for the PECANS!!!!!! Love you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will be making these! They look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These pecans look like just the perfect Fall Snack! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loooove spiced nuts!! These look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like Like Like.. this is perfect for me who like to have snaks while i'm on my day job.. i dont know why i cant stop eating..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! Thanks for this. When I lived in California I could actually buy candied walnuts at the grocery store and it was/is a favorite thing to add to salads, but finding them isn't so easy on the east coast. Now I know how to do it! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh these look so good! Great for Christmas presents!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a candied pecan recipe I love, but I may have to give this one a go since it has pepper!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This look so delicious, I'll have to bring these into work when my co-workers and I get a craving for something sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so glad you made and posted these. I had spice candied pecans in a spinach and pear salad a few weeks ago and they were delicious. I want to replicate that salad one day and now you've shown me how to do the pecans! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can't wait to try these! Maybe I can finally stop buying the expensive store bought kind.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This would be a treat I would be so happy to receive! I hope someone I know is reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, Ms Bridget...I don't know WHY I keep visiting you when I am OFF sugar. lol There must be something deeply wrong with me. I am saving this recipe for the rest of my family though- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh how much I would love to make your spiced and candied pecans here. Unfortunately we don't get to buy pecans. I ll save it for later. =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Girl, you are making me crave some of these now - not really wanting to wait for the holidays!!! YUM

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh do these look scrumptious!! And those polka dotted cups are beyond darling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful candied pecans...and, I bet they taste phenomenally good! Officially on my holiday-to-make-list...mental, at the moment. But, thanks to Pinterest, I won't forget! Thanks for sharing, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Happy baking! :)
(Comments, especially on busy giveaways, may take a minute to show...thank you for your patience.)

Pin It button on image hover