Monday, September 16, 2013

Nutella, I Love You.

Can any cookies with Nutella, chocolate chips, and sea salt be wrong?  Um, no. 
Nutella Chocolate Chip Sea Salt-Sprinkled Cookies ::: bake at 350 blog
We needed to head out the door at 10:45 Saturday morning, and I wanted to bring along some cookies.  Of course, I decided to bring cookies at about 11pm the night before.  The goal: make cookies that were quick and that used ingredients I already had in the house.  Oh yeah, and I wanted them to be delicious.

Enter Nutella, chocolate chips, espresso powder, and a little sprinkling of sea salt.  *sigh*
Nutella Chocolate Chip Sea Salt-Sprinkled Cookies ::: bake at 350 blog

Mr. E said these are the best cookies he's had all year.  Pretty good for cookies thrown together on a Saturday morning, don't ya think?

The Nutella and brown sugar combine to make a chewy, almost brownie-like cookie.  And they're petite, so don't feel guilty about eating several at one time.  Please, PLEASE don't skip the sea salt here.  That little sprinkle of salt makes these cookies sing!

Nutella Chocolate Chip Sea Salt-Sprinkled Cookies ::: bake at 350 blog
Fleur de sel is always a good choice for sea salt.  I happened to have some Falksalt on hand...it comes in rather large flakes, so I just crushed them with my fingertips before sprinkling onto the cookies.  Just don't use table salt. ;)  Or Lawry's Seasoned Salt for that matter.

print recipe photo printrecipe.jpg
Nutella Chocolate Chip Sea Salt-Sprinkled Cookies
{makes about 2 dozen}

1 cup Nutella
2 TBSP light brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon instant espresso powder
1/2 cup + 2 TBSP flour
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
sea salt

[note: espresso powder can be found in the grocery store near the Sanka, or online.]

Preheat oven to 350.  Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.

In a large bowl, stir together the Nutella and the brown sugar.  Stir in the egg until well mixed.  Add in the espresso powder, then the flour, stirring until combined.  Fold in the chocolate chips.

Refrigerate for 15 minutes or more.

Nutella Chocolate Chip Sea Salt-Sprinkled Cookies ::: bake at 350 blog
Use a 2-teaspoon cookie scoop to scoop the dough onto the prepared sheets.  Sprinkle each cookie dough mound with a bit of sea salt.

Nutella Chocolate Chip Sea Salt-Sprinkled Cookies ::: bake at 350 blog
{Alternately, after scooping the dough, press down slightly with the bottom of a drinking glass.  Both methods turn out just fine.  The flattened ones are just, well, more flat.}

Bake for 10 minutes or until done.  Let sit on the cookie sheet for 1-2 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.

Nutella Chocolate Chip Sea Salt-Sprinkled Cookies ::: bake at 350 blog
Nutella, it's official.  I love you.


30 comments:

  1. Nutella, I love you!
    I must, must, must try these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cookies are always a good thing. These are cookie perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bridge, these Nutella cookies look awesome! Love that you added sea salt. Must make them soon. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mini just means I can have MORE! I practically live on nutella - love these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do believe you are my nutella soulmate. I swear there's a secret ingredient inside that makes you immediately adddicted. Can't wait to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Nutella, especially with a spoon. I buy it by the jar and sometimes it doesn't get used for anything except me just eating it. It's the love of my life! I am loving these cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes! Not only Nutella but expresso and chocolate too. Heaven in a cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are straight up awesome! NO! You can definitely never go wrong with Nutella!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a Nutella + PB cookie with choc chips but I love that you just went for straight up Nutella. They must be so fudgy and choclaty and wonderful! And I love that instant espresso powder - I use that very kind all the time! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love you too Nutella! And I love you Bridget! These cookies look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nutella really is the best!! These look awesome and I love how quick, simple and easy they are! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not a fan of espresso. Can it be left out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Michelle!

      Sure, you can leave it out. The cookies don't take like espresso or coffee...it really just brings out the flavor of the chocolate. :)

      Delete
  13. I keep buying jars of nutella wanting to use them for baking but I always end up eating it with a spoon because it's just that good. I love you Nutella!

    http://missaiseatery.blogspot.jp/

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're the only person I know who could throw together such fabulous cookies on a moment's notice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love nutella too. I'm also a huge fan of espresso powder in my cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Nutella too!!! And I love your cookies too, Bridget!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. One of my most treasured combo's: espresso + nutella.
    I LOVE these!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes- the nutella sounds wonderful but I think the espresso powder is the secret ingredient of so many wonderful baked goods. It adds such flavor without making the sweets "coffee-like". Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds amazing and looks simple. NICE.

    (I have only had nutella on sweet bread, never in cookies... I think I must expand my nutella-horizon!)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've never had Nutella, but now I'm going to have to!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yum -- the combo of Nutella and espresso powder sounds divine. Like a hazelnut latte, but in cookie form (could anything be better?!) Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yummy! I love Nutella! These look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the fact that this recipe uses sea salt. Nutella is something I love to add in my baking recipes and your recipe looks just perfect, and so are the pictures! Love tehse cookies!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You've created a winner! They look so inviting, and I even have sea salt already:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just can't wait to bake these cookies. They look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Only thing I don't like about visiting baking blogs is the recipes make me crave, especially if...it's CHOCOLATE. And, now with Nutella, this will be hit with my kids.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Happy baking! :)
(Comments, especially on busy giveaways, may take a minute to show...thank you for your patience.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover