Monday, May 6, 2013

Recipe Girl's Kahlua-Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies

kahlua espresso chocolate chip cookies
Lori Lange's (Recipe Girl's) cookbook launched a few weeks ago and I'm so excited because Recipe Girl was one of the of food blogs I ever read.  The book is called: The Recipe Girl Cookbook: Dishing out the best recipes for entertaining and every day.

recipe girl cookbook

Now, the book is filled with recipes of ALL kinds....they don't call her Recipe Girl for nothing.  There are appetizers, soups, salads, main courses, and drinks.  We started with breakfast and made the Cinnamon Roll Pancakes.  I have one word to describe them: fanfreakingtastic.

kahlua espresso chocolate chip cookies | bake at 350
Aaaaand, then there are desserts.  I mean, you know me.  Does it come as a surprise that I would choose Kahlua-Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies to make first?  No.  It's a cookie WITH Kahlua!

kahlua espresso chocolate chip cookies
It was a no-brainer.

Lori was nice enough to let me share the recipe with you on the blog.  She's cool like that.

kahlua espresso chocolate chip cookies | bake at 350
print recipe photo printrecipe.jpg
Kahlua-Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies
(used with permission from The Recipe Girl Cookbook)

2 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 TBSP Kahlua
1/2 TBSP espresso powder
1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, room temperature
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted & cooled slightly (I used bittersweet)
1 (12 oz) package semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375.  Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.  Set aside.

In a small bowl, combine the Kahlua and espresso powder.  Stir until the espresso powder is dissolved.

Use an electric mixer to combine the butter and sugars, mixing until creamy.  Add the Kahlua mixture, eggs, and vanilla, and beat until thoroughly combined.
kahlua espresso chocolate chip cookies | bake at 350
 {Doesn't a bowl of melted chocolate make everything right in the world?}

Add the melted chocolate and continue to beat until it is mixed in.  Add the flour mixture, and beat at low speed until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.  Stir in the chocolate chips.

kahlua espresso chocolate chip cookies | bake at 350
Drop the cookie dough by tablespoonfuls (I used a 2 TBSP cookie scoop) 2 inches apart onto the prepared sheets.  Bake 8-10 minutes (12-13 minutes for the 2 TBSP scoops).  Let the cookies cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
kahlua espresso chocolate chip cookies | bake at 350

The Recipe Girl Cookbook....in stores NOW!

Online Cake Decorating Class

36 comments:

  1. These look super delicious. I'm hoping to pick up her book soon, all the recipes everyone has been posting about look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like my kinda cookie....will be Making it very SOON...thanks sooo much for sharing the joy! Have an amazing week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm! I love Kahlua and I love chocolate! Are these chewy cookies or crispy cookies? They look delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look fantastic!! I love me some booze-y cookies ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmm they look great, Bridget! That cookbook sounds like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look amazing and just what I need to get me going on a Monday morning! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can go for a couple of these with our coffee right about now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I already saw these on Pinterest and promptly repinned them. They look amazing! And congrats to Lori on her book - and love that she worked both Kahlua and espresso into these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I believe that is one of the so much significant information for me.
    And i am glad studying your article. But wanna commentary on some common things,
    The web site taste is wonderful, the articles is in reality nice : D.

    Just right process, cheers

    Here is my website :: acoustic guitar chord

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahaha, if it's fanfreakingtastic then I have to look for it :) For now I'll try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I. Am. So. Excited! These cookies have everything good in them! Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't go wrong with Kahlua! And if these are anything like the Kahlua cake I'm used to, I need to make them STAT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These cookies look just AMAZING. Love all the Recipe Girl dishes I've been seeing across the Interwebz... they all just look FANFREAKINGTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two of my favorite things - chocolate and coffee (well, and Kahlua too) - these look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, those look like heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Chocolate, coffee & Mexican coffee liqueur - what more could we want from life?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kahlua + Cookies= best cookies ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love how easy these look to make! Can't wait to give them a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes!!! Love these!! Kahlua anything is always so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this! I need to get my hands on her book!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Chocolate espresso is absolutely the best! Sometimes I have to make myself think in other flavor directions or that's all I would bake! These cookies look so chewy and chocolaty. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I am interested to find out what additional treasures the Recipe Girl Cookbook holds!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These sound like my kind of cookies, I love the kahlua and espresso combination! They look so yummy too, what a great sounding recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love baking cookies! It was something I did when I was younger and visited my grandmother on the weekends. We used to make macaroons together while we'd listen to her old albums from the 40's. Every time I bake cookies, it always brings me back to those days.

    ReplyDelete
  25. All comments refer to how great these cookies look but how do they taste?

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are delicious, although not as strongly flavored as I expected. I just made a test batch in prep for a cookie swap I will be attending with the family-in-law. My batter was a little thin, so the cookies spread quite a bit. However, they still tasted delicious. My electric mixer was on the fritz, so everything was hand beaten (with a little help from my microwave to soften the butter), so perhaps the consistency difference was due to my preparation. This recipe is a keeper, which makes my tummy happy, but not my waistline. One batch made 32 cookies for me at a calorie count of 180 cal/cookie (for those watching what they eat!). However, they are more than worth a trip to the gym!

    ReplyDelete
  27. These cookies are so good! The recipe is easy to follow and turned out exactly like your photos. Thanks so much for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. These cookies are reminding me that I need a snack. They look delicious!!

    Mariz
    Visit us Hail Damage Claim

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Happy baking! :)
(Comments, especially on busy giveaways, may take a minute to show...thank you for your patience.)

Pin It button on image hover