- sugar cookies cut with a cupcake cookie cutter and trimmed, if needed
- royal icing, divided and tinted with AmeriColor Leaf Green, Copper, Super Black, Orange, Egg Yellow & Super Red
- disposable icing bags
- coupler and tips: #2, #1, #4 & large star (I used a PME #8)
- squeeze bottles
- food coloring pens
Thin the green and copper icings with water, a bit at a time, stirring with a silicone spatula, until it is the consistency of a thick syrup. (Reserve some of the green icing for piping details later.) You'll want to drop a "ribbon" of icing back into the bowl and have it disappear in a count of "one thousand one, one thousand two." Four is too thick, one is too thin. Count of 2-3 is good. Cover with a damp dishcloth and let sit for several minutes.
Stir gently with a silicone spatula to pop and large air bubbles that have formed. Pour into squeeze bottles as needed.
Let the cookies dry at least one hour.
Add the details:
- #4 tip for trim on the hat
- #2 tip for hat buckle
- #1 tip for hair curl
- #2 tip for eyes & hat outline
- #1 tip for smile
Let the cookies dry uncovered overnight.
There you have it...lucky little leprechauns. They're magically delicious!