Pot 'o Gold Popcorn

 
My dad instilled in me a great love for popcorn.  He'll pass up sweets, cookies, cakes in favor of a big ol' bowl of salty, crunchy popcorn.  Don't even mention microwave popcorn in his presence.  It's just not done.

So, popcorn makes me happy.  Popcorn with GOLD and CHOCOLATE makes me very happy.
{I'm sure dad would prefer his plain, but hey, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.}

First, you'll need some gold "buttons."  I found mine at Fancy Flours after seeing this beautiful Sprinkle Bakes post.  I needed them.

Here's what they look like on the inside:
They're basically a gold m&m.  Very, very fancy.

 {It's so fluffy!!!}

You'll also need popcorn.  FRESHLY POPPED popcorn.  We'll be adding butter and salt, so if you do use microwave popcorn...
    A. don't tell my dad,
    B. omit the butter and salt.

After you pop the popcorn and toss it with the melted butter and salt, you'll lay it out on cookie sheets.

Then you'll drizzle on melted chocolate....sigh.

{I tempered some bittersweet chocolate here (more on that in another post), but feel free to use chocolate candy melts or almond bark.}

Then, you add the gold.
{I know, I know...there are 3 pictures of these buttons...they're just so PRETTY!!!}


Voila!  Pot o' Gold Popcorn!  Perfect for your leprechauns on St. Patrick's Day!!!  
{The popcorn looks really pretty in little bowls or ramekins for a party, and is best served the same day it is made. It can be stored in baggies for 3-4 days; the popcorn will just lose a little of its crunch.}


Pot o' Gold Popcorn

ingredients:

10 cups freshly popped popcorn
2 TBSP salted butter, melted
3/4 tsp. coarse salt
8 oz. bittersweet chocolate (candy melts or almond bark)
2 oz. gold buttons (or yellow M&Ms)

instructions:

Toss the popcorn with the melted butter and salt.  Spread onto 2 cookie sheets.

Melt or temper the chocolate (I used tempered chocolate here).

Drizzle the chocolate over the popcorn.  Sprinkle on the gold buttons.

Let the popcorn sit until the chocolate has set.  Gently break into chunks and pieces.


SHARE:
Blogger Template by pipdig