Four-Ingredient Cranberry Pumpkin Muffins

Baking from scratch, I love it; I do.  But sometimes, a cake mix comes to the rescue.  Like sometimes in the mornings...when I tend to feel lazy...and the last thing I want to do is create an entire sinkful of dishes before 6:30 am.
I present to you...a lazy mom's (that's me) muffins.
{I am not referring to my muffin TOP here. I mean *actual* muffins.}

They're a snap to put together, a hit with the kids and adults alike, and oh, they're low-fat.  If you're into that sort of thing.

4-Ingredient Cranberry Pumpkin Muffins
{technically 5 if you count the water, but let's not.}
yield: 15-18 muffins

1 box French Vanilla Cake Mix
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
2 egg whites, beaten with a fork until frothy
heaping 1/2 c. cranberries, fresh or frozen (if frozen, UNthawed)

Preheat oven to 325.  Spray or grease 15-18 cups of a muffin tin.

Stir together the cake mix and pumpkin.  I usually add 2-3 TBSP water here to loosen things up a bit.

Gently stir in the egg whites and cranberries until incorporated.  Spoon into the prepared muffin tins.

Bake for 22-25 minutes, until the centers pop back when lightly pressed.

Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.

{Sometimes when you take pictures of food, visitors pop by to see what you are up to.}


Voila! Warm from the oven muffins that you can make even before getting caffeinated.
SHARE:
Blogger Template by pipdig