I don't get to ours very often because it's about 45 minutes away and in a pretty dangerous part of town. By dangerous, I mean, it's next door to Sprinkles Cupcakes and just a few steps away from Crate and Barrel. See what I mean?
Well, Paper Source has the most beautiful wrapping paper sheets. I've used them before for photo backgrounds, like for these Homemade Oreos:
And for these Posie Cakes:
When I saw this wrapping paper, I decided to use it ON an cookie. Well, not the wrapping paper itself, the wrapping paper printed onto a frosting sheet.
So, that's just what I did.
- I scanned the wrapping paper.
- printed it onto a frosting sheet,
- baked the cookies (remember these?), (you can see a bit of the rough edges from the trimming)
- outlined and filled the cookies with white royal icing,
- plopped on the edible images,
- and added a few details.
That's it! These went to school with kiddo for his teacher's birthday. I hope he didn't tell her she was eating wrapping paper. I guess we will find out when report cards come home. ;)