Thursday, September 9, 2010

Guest Post from my 10-year-old Neighbor :) *Mini Pecan Pies*

You guys may remember I live next door to a real-life blogger and all-around wonderful person, Kristen from We Are THAT Family. Her precious 10-year-old daughter is guest posting here today.

One day, she mentioned that she loves cooking shows and LOVES Paula Deen & Rachael Ray. So, I loaned her my Paula Deen's Lady & Sons Cookbook.

I kid you not, two hours later she was on my doorstep with warm snickerdoodles. You guys, I got a little teary-eyed.

Here she is...my super sweet in every way, 10-year-old neighbor...

Hey Yall!
I'm Wearethatfamily's  oldest daughter!
 
My wonderful neighbor Bridget and I both love to cook. I made a yummy dessert (Mini Pecan Pies) from a Paula Deen cook book she let me borrow.

I served it  at my mom's jewelry party and it was a huge hit! They tasted just like real pecan pies!

Here's the recipe so you can make it too:

Mini Pecan Pies crust

8 tablespoons butter
1 cup all purpose flour
1 3-ounce package of cream cheese

Preheat your oven to 325.  Soften the cream cheese and butter in the microwave
and then blend it well. Now stir in the flour until you have a dough like mixture.

Let your dough chill for an hour.

While your dough is chilling, use this recipe to make the filling for your pies.

Mini Pecan Pies filling

1 egg
 3/4 c. brown sugar
1 tablespoon of butter
1 teaspoon of vanilla
a dash of salt 
2 thirds of a cup of pecans

First beat your egg, sugar, vanilla, and salt until  it's smooth.  Once your 
dough is chilled,  roll  it into pecan size balls and squish them in the cupcake tins to cover the bottom. Pour your filling in the tins and top with pecans.

Bake for 25 minutes and enjoy!  They will make about twenty four!
I hope yours taste as good as mine did!

Isn't she adorable?!? I was lucky enough to sample a few, ok SEVERAL, of these and they were delicious!

Thank you, sweet neighbor, for guest posting at Bake at 350! I hope you'll come back soon!!!

47 comments:

  1. What a sweetie! It's not surprising she loves baking considering who HER neighbor is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky. I live next door to a mean cop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post and awesome treat. Thanks so much for sharing it with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look delicious! I wish you lived next door to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, how cute is she? I need new neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweetie pie! Baking & Blogging at 10 yrs old? Move over Paula Deen, there's a new girl on the block!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww, i love this guest post!! great job little paula!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great job baking and blogging, Young Neighbor!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely fabulous! And, I love that she used REAL ingredients. No store bought crusts, no fake stuff.
    HOORAY! Teaching kids the love of baking makes me all mushy inside.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post from a talented 10 year-old. Be sweet to have her and Kiddo do a *Kiddo In The Kitchen* post.

    Thanks for guest posting and sharing your mini pecan pies :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my word! Sweetest and cutest thing EVER! They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, those look really yummy! and they are just my size...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish I had such a talented 10 year old who lived next door to me!
    Your mini pecan pies look wonderful! Paula Deen would be impressed. I think you need to get her to see this post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too precious! I looooved to bake when I was her age, too. Great things in her future, I'm sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is pretty cute! I remember one of the first things I made when I was little were pecan pie bars out of my Mrs. Fields Cookie Book, too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Too cute!! those really do look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cutie!! and these look and sound DELICIOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a sweetheart!
    Those look so good! I can't wait to try them :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've known this little girl since she was born. Now look at her getting all famous like her mom. I'm sure I'll be asking for her autograph some day! And the little pies look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, they look great. How wonderful to have a neighbor child that loves to cook. Cooking kids are the best. I have copied this recipe and plan on making Kittie Cakes. Thanks! Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mmmm those look yummy! It's so sweet your neighbor baked for you! I bet she'll be on the food network one day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those looks amazing, what a great job she did! I bet they taste even better!

    ReplyDelete
  24. How sweet! Those look AMAZING! I love reading your Mom's blog and I'm jealous that you live right next to Bridget too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. My daughter is going to love seeing this when she gets home today! She asked me last week if she could swap w/J every once in awhile and just watch you bake so she could learn. While y'all do that, I could teach J how to, um. . . get gum out of my toddler's hair. Sounds even to me.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  26. The best guest post ever :D The pies look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  27. She is darling! How cool that she loves to bake!
    The Vlog looks great too. Great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a cutie!! These mini pecan pies look delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love this blog! Don't know if I've every commented. I'm pretty new but I'm taking your button if you don't mind!

    Love the pecan pies. They sound like the perfect fall treat!!

    Telia, NewlyWedWifeLife

    ReplyDelete
  30. what a sweet girl! (she looks just like her mom) and those pecan pies look yummy! you should loan her another cookbook :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Adorable! Baking with little ones is always so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love her!! What a little sweetheart! Great job doing REAL cooking--none of that "from a mix" stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Those are LOVELY! What a talented young lady. :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. These look great! I love pecan pie and these little ones are so cute...I can pop them right in my mouth..yum!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'm impressed! I barely wanted to be in the kitchen when I was 10. These little pies look great!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Sounds yummy; will have tory it. I wish I could bake at 10.

    http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. She is adorable and I suspect that you are a pretty good role model too :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. That's such a great thing to get kids in the kitchen! You're one awesome neighbor yourself for inspiring her to try a new treat! I just love pecan pies, and in fact, I made pecan pie bars last night that I'll be posting about soon.

    ReplyDelete
  39. How cute is that?!?! What a fun neighbor! And the little pies look super yummy!!!

    www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Both of you on the same street! How awesome! And her daughter is *so* cute--I love her little pies *:)*

    ReplyDelete
  41. YOU would be a fun neighbor to have! The aspiring baker did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Well hello there you cutie~pa~tootie!
    Those Mini Pecan Pies look oh so YUM!
    I sure wish I lived next door to Bridget!
    I would be at her door every morning...
    with my coffee...
    and I would just pop in and WATCH Bridget make cookies all day!
    You are a doll~baby!
    And I know Bridget LOVES it that you and your sweet mommy are her neighbors!
    xxooxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oh, she did a great job! It is so fun to see the next generation getting their hands in flour. :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Happy baking! :)
(Comments, especially on busy giveaways, may take a minute to show...thank you for your patience.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover