Tuesday, July 6, 2010

An Extra Set of Hands . . . Works For Me Wednesday

works for me wednesday at we are that family
Yay!!!  After taking the month of "Desserts for Dudes" off, I'm so happy to be posting another Works For Me Wednesday!

OK....have you seen these babies?  They're called Salad Hands, from Sur La Table. And they're not just for salad!

Use them to toss pie ingredients, pasta, whatever!
{They've updated the design a bit since I got mine.}

And yes, you can use them for salad, too.  Will you forgive me if I post a savory recipe?  This is my new favorite side dish.

Dijon Potato Salad
{adapted from this recipe from Martha Stewart}

1 and 1/2 pounds small red potatoes
2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
1 TBPS dijon mustard
1 TBSP white wine vinegar
6 green onions, chopped
coarse salt
freshly ground black pepper

Cut the potatoes into chunks. Steam for 15 minutes, until tender.

While the potatoes are steaming, whisk together the olive oil, dijon and vinegar. Stir in the chopped green onions.

Add the hot potatoes and toss.  Season with salt and pepper.  Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled. 


Salad hands and Dijon Potato Salad work for me!  Click on over to Works for Me Wednesday for more tips and ideas!

20 comments:

  1. As I look at my broken salad spoon to the right and the need to make a sur la table trip on my to-do list to the left... good timing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I need salad hands so I can keep my me hands clean :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look like a must-have! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love mine! They do work for everything!Salad looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are perfect ~ I use some sad salad tongs right now..so sad that when guests come over I tell them they are broken :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this potato salad recipe, too!! I usually garnish it with some crispy bacon bits- WOW, deeeelish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen these salad hands in wood and bamboo but not like these ones from Sur_La_Table. I like the handles.
    The salad looks delicious by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never seen these......must...go...look......

    The recipe sounds fantastic....no one in my house will eat potato salad, and I LOVE it. Maybe I could make a small batch and send some over to my mom!! Thanks Bridget!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could think of a million uses for those things. I've seen some others like it but not at cool as these. I'll have to get myself some because you can never have too many helping hands.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Recipe looks yummy - but what ever happened to just using 2 spoons? My great-grandmother, my grand mother and my mother lived without it - I can too. Sometimes simple is just better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look awesome! And that potato salad sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these! My kids and I so need a set of extra hands:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. omg - I am dying for a good potato salad recipe ;)
    I will def give this a try this week

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need some of those salad hands. So cool! And that potato salad recipe looks so good. I will have to try that!

    XOX
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was thinking to myself I need some new salad hands. My salad tongs are quite worn. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love these!! I had never seen them before. I am at the point if I add one more thing to my kitchen something has got to go... ugh... dilemma!! Might have to add these!

    Blessings-
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL...I bought myself some bamboo ones years ago and gave sets to family members for Christmas that year. You should have seen the weird looks I got! What are these? I love that they are "in" now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This recipe was really good. I made it for dinner tonight. Thumbs up from everyone here. Thanks for sharing.
    I think I must have the salad hands.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those would be great for berry salads. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks great! Potato salads are delicious and filling, partially why i love them so much. I made one last week with Onion Crunch and it was one the best textures I've had in a salad. If you don't know it I can't blame you, it's new. Here: www.onioncrunch.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Happy baking! :)
(Comments, especially on busy giveaways, may take a minute to show...thank you for your patience.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover