Sunday, February 7, 2010

I want to wake up in the city that never sleeps . . .

I can NOT stop singing New York, New York!

Yep, that's right....a little New York City update for you. Just a short recap, 14 other food bloggers and I will be teaming up with Kelly Ripa and a special cake decorating guest to decorate cakes and raise money for the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund.

{Thank you, Electrolux and Foodbuzz.}

Tuesday is the big day...here's how it will work (I think):
  • Arrive in The Big Apple Monday...dinner and cocktails with the other bloggers! Yay!
  • Tuesday morning, we're heading out EARLY to see Live with Regis & Kelly!!!
  • That afternoon, we are paired with 2 other bloggers to decorate our cakes.
  • We will be given tips by a surprise guest (click here to find out!).
  • We'll pull a theme out of a hat and have ONE hour to decorate our cake (and eat lunch!).
Here's where you come in...
  • The cakes will be posted on Kelly Confidential. You'll be able to vote for your favorite and by doing so, a donation will be made to the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund.
  • Check back here on Wednesday because I'll have more info AND a prize to thank you for voting and raising money.
Let me introduce you to my decorating team of three...
  1. Jen, of My Kitchen Addiction: check out her Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting!!!
  2. Diana, of A Little Bit of Spain in Iowa: how good does this German Chocolate Cake look?!?
  3. And, moi! :)
Get to know the other lovely bloggers going along on the trip as well. I can't wait to meet them all!

♥Linda, of My Salty Seattle and her Mad Men Birthday (love this!)
♥Katherine, of Smoky Mountain Cafe and Chocolate Brownie Cookies
♥Meghann, of The Inner Workings of a College Graduate and Pumpkin Spice Granola
♥Megan, of Megan's Munchies makes yummy Spice Cake Oatmeal Scotchies
♥Sandy, of No One Puts Cupcake in a Corner introduces us to the Sweet Sweat Towel
♥Laura, of The Cooking Photographer makes Caramel Macchiato Thumbprints (!)
♥Erika, from In Erika's Kitchen has a great post on 10 Things NOT to say to Kelly Ripa
♥Kelly, from Evil Shenanigans makes some deliciously evil Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
♥Jessie, of CakeSpy...please tell me you've met Cuppie! (This is one of my favorites!)
♥Tina, from Carrots 'n' Cake makes Chocolate Peppermint Bark Cookies
♥Sabrina, from Rhodey Girl Tests and Pumpkin Pie Cake
♥Joseline, of Daydreamer Desserts makes a Hot Chocolate Cake (oh my!)


So...wish us luck! Look for us in the audience of Live with Regis & Kelly on Tuesday. I'll be tweeting along the way.

Thanks so much for your support...it means the world to me! *MWAH*

44 comments:

  1. you know I'm SO stinkin' excited for you!!.....you are going to have SO much fun!! I never watch tv in the morning....I'm going to have to look up the info on the show so I can record it!....looks like we'll be snowed in on Tues, so I'm sure I'll be home!
    Can't wait to read your tweets too!!

    ......you should have taken Flat TidyMom with you too! LOL...she really gets around ya know! LOL

    Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ~TidyMom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun!!! You are going to have the best time. I will have to DVR the show. Have a wonderful time. Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is just wonderful...great cause!
    i am going to dvr RIGHT now!!
    i will be voting & voting....have
    tons of fun & welcome to nyc!
    ...have the best time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for you!!!I just know you are going to have a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an exciting trip! Can't wait to see pics. Have fun decorating and hanging out in NYC!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That is awesome - how exciting! I hope i can catch it on TV. Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, I will be watching. I'm so excited for you. Hope you get time to enjoy the city while you are there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so excited for you, Bridget! Have fun in NY... I'll try to watch the show...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I catch this show every day with breakfast. Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to check it out and VOTE!!! I'm sure you'll do fantastic! Just remember to have fun, and GOOD LUCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Best of Luck! This sounds so exciting. Can't wait to see the cakes and will look for you on the show!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You get to meet the Cake Boss?! Lucky you!

    Have fun, and I can't wait to see how your cake turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. CONGRATULATIONS! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

    I cannot wait to hear all about your experience in New York!!

    ENJOY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. SO exciting!! I can't wait to see your adventure in NY on your blog, and of course I'll be there voting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck! So excited for you! Do Houston proud!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am green with envy! I just know Kelly Ripa and I would be bffs if we could just meet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have a fantastic time, can't wait to see your fabulous cake!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are going to rock this Bridget! Have so so so much fun. I can not wait to watch you & read the recap post when you get home. Lots of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow how cool!! I wish I could be invited to events like that :) but I'm not nearly as talented as you are!! have fun and GL - can't wait to vote for your creation

    my baby was born Nov 12, so she's just a few days over 12 weeks right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. How very exciting......I'll look forward to hearing the results.

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  21. I know you're going to have an increbibly awesome time! I can't wait to read all about it and vote.

    ReplyDelete
  22. How exciting!! I should run in and be your biggest fan!!! Good luck and have fun! I'll be watching!
    ~Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm SO excited for you! Wow! I'm gonna need your autograph!

    (I'll do my best to rally my readers for you-don't be afraid to ask/remind me, k?)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I looooooove it for you!!!! Have a total blast! You'll have memories to last a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  25. WHOHOOOOO for you! Have an awesome time. You rock. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Haaaaaaaave fun!!! That sounds so amazing! I can't wait to start voting!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Soooo excited for you! What a blast! Enjoy every minute and I'll be anxiously awaiting your post to tell us all about it!

    ENJOY!!! HAPPY BAKING!

    ReplyDelete
  28. i meant to email you before you left for NY...hope the bad weather didn't effect the trip??

    have fun!!!! i'll be checking in during the day at work on tuesday to see you and your team decorate the cake!

    i'm SO excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. OMG!! You get to meet the Cake Boss??? Totally awesome!

    Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Good luck and have a wonderful time! Enjoy NYC.

    ReplyDelete
  31. How fun! Can't wait to see all those cakes!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Have a wonderful trip. I can't wait to see your creations.

    I also want to give you credit for inspiring one of my valentine projects with your wonderful Sugar and Spice Cookie recipe. http://pinktea-cj.blogspot.com/2010/02/valentine-treats-for-teachers.html

    ReplyDelete
  33. quite interesting article. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did anyone know that some chinese hacker had busted twitter yesterday again.

    ReplyDelete
  34. very useful read. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did any one know that some chinese hacker had busted twitter yesterday again.

    ReplyDelete
  35. What an amazing opportunity and experience in NYC!!! As a new food blogger, it is amazing to think of all the possibilites available just from blogging! Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow what an opportunity! I am very happy for you!!!

    ...And how exciting for the "Cake Boss" to get to meet Bridget from Bake at 350!

    p.s.
    Did I hear your name called as the winner of the Bake Off at St. Anthony's Mardi Gras party Saturday night???

    ReplyDelete
  37. Interesting post... Looks like flash memory is finally starting to take off. Hopefully we'll start seeing a drop in SSD prices real soon. $5 32 GB Micro SD Cards for your Nintendo DS flash card... sounds gooooood.

    (Submitted on rrPost for R4i Nintendo DS.)

    ReplyDelete
  38. i just finished voting for TAKE A BOW!!!

    great job! did you have a fun time? how exciting for you! and to meet kelly rippa and the cake boss!

    can't wait to hear about your trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh my goodness I picked your cake first off!! I loved looking at the pictures can't waitto see the ones you post :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Briget, your Take a Bow cake is adorable! I voted for you! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  41. wow!! how fantastic - congrats and best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. How fun!! And even cooler to be on Reg and Kelly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Happy baking! :)
(Comments, especially on busy giveaways, may take a minute to show...thank you for your patience.)

Pin It button on image hover