Friday, August 29, 2008

Color My World

Batch #3....paint chip cookies! I made these cookies for my cousin, Meg. There are several "paint chip collectors" in the family, but Meg is the only one I know of who actually does something with them!
Take a peek at her blog and some of the cool things she does with paint chips....I love her cards and cd covers. You should have seen her paint chip Christmas card!!! It is saved in my box of Christmas treasures.
To make these cookies, I made a trip to Lowe's to do a little research. :) I think the Martha Stewart colors have the best names. (Last year, we painted our guest room in Martha's "buttermilk biscuit.")
Once the cookies were made, I let them dry overnight then added the color names and numbers using AmeriColor Gourmet Writers food coloring pens. I love these and AmeriColor makes pens with the finest tip I have seen so far.

18 comments:

  1. These are so fun--I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love "unique" cookies...and yours definitely are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm constantly amazed at all the different beautiful cookies you make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh bridget... i think these are my favorite ones so far. i have a fascination with color swatches, color palettes, color wheels... i go to home depot sometimes and spend hours looking at these and i am not joking. aan. they look simple but i know these are intricate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute too! Gosh I would hate to eat any of them, such ART. I am glad you took pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patience and creativity need to be your middle names!! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like these. Very clever idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the comment Bridget! I love these cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cookies! My favorite paint name....nacho cheese by Benjamin Moore. Sad that I know that! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jean...that is SO funny! :) I am going to look for that color!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are awesome! You should make Pantone chips next. Your cookie creations are so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was about to mention Pantone chips too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh.my.WORD!

    I absolutely love these!!

    And yes... I realize that I'm way in your archives but I'm not stalking or anything, this post came up as a link under your quilting cookies.

    Just so you know ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh.my.WORD!

    I absolutely love these!!

    And yes... I realize that I'm way in your archives but I'm not stalking or anything, this post came up as a link under your quilting cookies.

    Just so you know ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these. They inspire me to make similar Pantone Cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  16. First time I've seen these. They are so creative!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Happy baking! :)
(Comments, especially on busy giveaways, may take a minute to show...thank you for your patience.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover