Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Scottie Dog cookies for a birthday

My friend Janet and I met when we worked at the Mary Engelbreit store in Chicago together. We had the most fun...whenever something new came into the store, we would play a little game called, "Do we NEED this?!?" Well, whether it was a cherry Christmas ornament in July, a scottie garden statue or a set of kitchen canisters, with a forty percent discount and a friend to talk us into it, we found that we usually did need it, whatever it was!

These cookies are for Janet's birthday. Even though we haven't laid eyes on each other in years, I still think of her every time I see a scottie dog or something with cherries on it. One more thing about Janet...she is the queen of gift giving! I don't know where she shops, but she always finds the absolute perfect gift and it is always wrapped in the cutest way!

This plaid cookie design is from a Martha Stewart cookie book. I decided on white scotties instead of black because who wants black icing teeth on their birthday?!?

Janet...thanks for being such a great friend! I miss seeing your smiling face every day!

17 comments:

  1. THESE ARE SO SWEET! WHITE SCOTTIES ARE SO CUTE AND I BET THE ICING TASTES BETTER :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the scotties! Who wants to make black icing? Such a pain. I must have the same Martha Stewart book -- I have done that plaid as well -- it's even more adorable on the scotties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are so cute. And what a nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi, i found your blog off of dozenflours. you make beautiful cookies and will be using your instructions on how to make some like yours. i enjoyed viewing all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am Janet's daughter Sarah and I am going to make her share with me and my daughter! YUMMMM. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cookies just arrived and they are
    Too Cute!!! Bridget you are the best cookie baker/decorator ever! (And a mighty special friend, too!!!) I am thrilled- thanks so much!
    Hugs to you,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so gorgeous! Look at the plaid design...Yes, I admire people who draw "in the lines"...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,

    I'm Alisha from Wowzio, and I'm excited to tell you about our new widget platform that helps bloggers increase readership by providing engaging widgets containing your blog's rich content. You can check out widgets customized for your blog here:

    Wowzio Widgets for your Blog

    I wanted to reach out to you to ask for your feedback on these widgets (feel free to install them on your blog, if you feel they are a good fit). I'm sorry for leaving this message via a comment, it's not at all our intent to spam you ( which is why i'm leaving this comment on an older post and you can always remove this comment ). Again, we would love to hear your feedback.

    Thanks,
    Alisha Wright
    alisha.wright1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is perfect for a birthday because children live cookies with different shapes, they feel so identify with those motives, my next party I'll prepare those cookies because my son love them.m10m

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow theyre so adorably sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey you really got skills on this thing!!! Wonderful place, I will show it to my grandmother

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is good for giveaways also perfect for desert it always kids love this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great website, looks very clean and organized.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Happy baking! :)
(Comments, especially on busy giveaways, may take a minute to show...thank you for your patience.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover