Time to start thinking about this year's cookies....here's a LOVE postage stamp cookie that I love. Why? Number 1, the LOVE stamps are my favorites, and Number 2, they remind me of my Aunt Janice who always send letters with the perfect stamp! :)
- Using a #2 tip, outline square cookies a little inside the border in white icing.
- Change to a #1 tip and pipe a small, filled, scalloped edge...like a stamp.
- In red icing, pipe a heart in the middle of the square. (AmeriColor Super Red)
- Thin red and pink icing to syrup-like consistency and cover with a damp dishtowel. Let sit, stir gently with a rubber spatula to pop air bubbles. (AmeriColor Deep Pink)
- Pour thinned icing into squeeze bottles and fill in heart in red and pink for background color. Use a toothpick to spread icing.
- Let dry overnight.
- With a black food coloring pen, write "Love" and the postage price. :) (AmeriColor Gourmet Writer pens)
Anyone planning to make cookies for Valentine's Day? I'd love to hear your ideas and see your pictures!