- In dark brown icing, outline the deer with a #2 tip. Be sure to close off the tail separate from the body. (Spectrum Chocolate Brown)
- Using the same icing and tip, pipe hooves using a back & forth motion.
- Change the tip to a #3 and pipe antlers.
- Thin a lighter color brown to the consistency of thick syrup. Cover with a damp towel and let sit for several minutes. Run a rubber spatula through the icing to pop any bubbles that formed on the top. Pour into a squeeze bottle. Fill in deer body and ear. (Spectrum Chocolate Brown)
- Using the method above, thin white icing and add dots to the deer body while the brown icing is still wet.
- Use the same thinned icing to fill in the tail.
- After drying for an hour or more, use a #1 tip and black icing to add a nose and eye to the deer. (Spectrum Super Black)
Sunday, December 9, 2007
To make this sweet little deer: