Sweet Baptism Cookies


decorated baptism cookies | bakeat350.net

I jumped at the opportunity to make some baptism cookies last week. This is a family we love so much...the parents have been so good to Jack. You know those people you spend time with and then you go home and say to your husband, "I LOVE THEM." These are those people.

Their youngest was being baptized and even though I don't take cookie orders anymore, I knew I had to make these.

decorated baptism cookies


You can find the tutorial for making the dove cookies here. I just added a little pop of pink and green on these.

decorated baptism dress cookies | bakeat350.net


Is there anything sweeter than a baptismal gown? I think not. I did not have a tiny dress cookie cutter, so I used...
A post shared by Bridget Edwards {bake at 350} (@bridget350) on
....who knew a reindeer cutter could be a dress with a little modification?

decorated baptism cookies


Turns out, after 18 years of cookie decorating and 500 or so cookie cutters, I don't have a cross cookie cutter. How is that even possible? I have an armadillo cookie cutter but no cross.

decorated baptism cookies


So, I cut out the dough with a large rectangle and Mr. E made a template for me using this technique. I love that I can use it over and over again!

decorated baptism cookies | bakeat350.net

decorated baptism cookies | bakeat350.net



Let's talk about these roses!!! The technique is from Sweet Ambs. Basically, you use the wet-on-wet technique, adding dots to wet icing. Then, you swirl a toothpick through the dot making the rose. Funny thing, both of my boys commented on how much they loved the roses!

decorated baptism cookies | bakeat350.net


As usual, I used my go-to cut-out cookie and royal icing recipes. I've been rolling the cookies a little thicker... 3/8"...and have been loving the results!

decorated baptism cookies | bakeat350.net


Baptisms, baby girls, cookies...these are a few of my favorite things! ♥

decorated baptism cookies | bakeat350.net


SHARE:
Blogger Template by pipdig