Sweet on Trader Joe's Sunday : Mudd Pie


a review of Trader Joe's Mudd Pie | from a weekly #traderjoes review series

We want to make sure you guys are ready for Fat Tuesday. I had something else in my cart to review but put it back as soon as I spied this baby. It looked decadent and just the ticket for a splurge before Lent.

a review of Trader Joe's Mudd Pie | from a weekly #traderjoes review series

a review of Trader Joe's Mudd Pie | from a bakeat350.net weekly #traderjoes review series

Trader Joe's Mudd Pie is an ice cream pie, and I misplaced my receipt, so I'm going to guess it's in the neighborhood of 5 bucks. Described by Trader Joe's as "coffee ice cream with a fudge swirl in a chocolate crust."

[Note: be careful as you cut into it...I got a little forceful with the knife and went all the way through the foil pan.]

UPDATE: Check out our sister site, Sweet on Trader Joe's, dedicated to all things Trader Joe's! 

Before we jump into the review, let me share a few of our favorite pie recipes with you:

a review of Trader Joe's Mudd Pie | from a weekly #traderjoes review series

Trader Joe's Mudd Pie Review



A mom's (my) take: I was immediately impressed with the interior packaging. That little plastic box kept the pie in perfect shape and is so nice for storing leftover pie. Let's get to the nitty-gritty. This Mudd Pie is awesome. The coffee flavor is just right, the chocolate crust is dark and crisp without being too crunchy, and the fudge layer between the crust and the ice cream? Well, that just takes it from really good to breakoutthefatpants. You can see from the picture that the top of the crust fell apart a little when removing it from the pan. If it happens to you, the pie is so good, you'll forget on the first bite.
Overall rating: 5 of 5 stars

A teenager's (Jack's) take: Although I was eating this pie in a rush to get somewhere, I still got a good impression of it. The ice cream base has a great consistency, but the tinge of coffee flavor just isn't my type. The chocolate dollops on the top were amazing, as were the crust. The "side crust" is especially awesome. You may have to sacrifice the color of your teeth, but I think the taste experience of this pie will probably be worth it.
Overall rating: 4 out of 5 stars

a review of Trader Joe's Mudd Pie


Trader Joe's Mudd Pie: if coffee's your thing, this pie's for you. 

[note: We have no affiliation with Trader Joe's. I'm sure they have never read this blog and have no idea who we are. Hey, we like being incognito, although we never wear sunglasses indoors. ;)]


Read all of our reviews of Trader Joe's treats and sweets here!



SHARE:
Blogger Template by pipdig