Sweet on Trader Joe's Sunday : Pumpkin Spice Brooklyn Babka

For the record, we are NOT babka experts. We live in south Texas...a decidedly babka-scarcity zone. (But, we know our way around a kolache.) I did make a homemade chocolate babka and the recipe is FANTASTIC, I must say. 


I'm putting out that disclaimer because we took a bit of heat over our last Trader Joe's Babka review. That's not going to stop us from reviewing Trader Joe's Pumpkin Spice Brooklyn Babka. 


UPDATE: Check out our sister site, Sweet on Trader Joe's, dedicated to all things Trader Joe's! 


Trader Joe's describes this as "a sweet, rich pumpkin pastry layered with pumpkin spice." One babka will cost you $4.99. Find it in the baked goods area. 


Trader Joe's Pumpkin Spice Brooklyn Babka Review


A mom's (my) review: A cross between a quick bread and a croissant, this babka is layer upon layer of fall flavors. I appreciate that there is actual pumpkin puree here, but it's more the spices that come through. The texture is heavenly...I love peeling off each soft, sweet layer. 
Overall rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

A teenager's (Jack's) take: The "spice" in "pumpkin spice", I can definitely taste. I like how this pastry is flavorful while still being dry. I would disagree, though, with the "rich"-ness that is advertised... it isn't very rich or full, either in flavor or in composition. It is still great that the pumpkin spice flavor comes through despite this.
Overall rating: 3 out of 5 stars

Trader Joe's Pumpkin Spice Brooklyn Babka: mixed review today! 


[note: We have no affiliation with Trader Joe's. I'm sure they have never read this blog and have no idea who we are. Hey, we like being incognito, although we never wear sunglasses indoors. ;)]

Read all of our reviews of Trader Joe's treats and sweets here!


SHARE:
Blogger Template by pipdig