Sweet on Trader Joe's Sunday : Pumpkin Chai Spice Loaf



Slowly but surely, the pumpkin products are starting to arrive at Trader Joe's. Oh Happy Days!
(Someone please alert me when you spot the Pumpkin O's on the shelves.)


After a conversation with a friend last night who thought Trader Joe's was supplying us with goodies and sponsoring these posts, I thought I'd put this disclaimer to the top of the post today...
[note: We have no affiliation with Trader Joe's. I'm sure they have never read this blog and have no idea who we are. Hey, we like being incognito, although we never wear sunglasses indoors. ;)]



You'll find this Pumpkin Chai Spice Loaf in the baked good section of the store. A 1-pound loaf costs $4.99.

The description on the box reads, "a moist, flavorful cake and cream cheese frosting with a chai spice blend of cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, cardamom and black pepper." Let's taste...




A mom's (my) take: The flavors here are SPOT ON. Spicy, warm, comforting...all of the flavors of fall in one bite. Unfortunately, I found the cake to be quite dry. Maybe it was just the particular one we brought home.
Overall rating: 3 of 5 stars

A teenager's (Jack's) take: Even though it's not fall yet, I absolutely love this. The sweet spiciness is very strong, but balanced well by the rich cream cheese frosting. And who could forget the pumpkin cake base? Definitely not me. It's quite filling, but is a smorgasbord of tastes that I don't think you'd want to miss.
Overall rating: 5 out of 5 stars



Trader Joe's Pumpkin Chai Spice Loaf: Fall flavors in full force! 

Read all of our reviews of Trader Joe's treats and sweets here

SHARE:
Blogger Template by pipdig