Sweet on Trader Joe's Saturday: Salted Caramel Coconut Cookies


Trader Joe's salted caramel coconut cookies review

I love when Trader Joe's displays new items on an endcap. Mr. E and I were at TJ's last week buying pizza supplies and as we walked by the endcap, one of these ended up in our basket. We didn't even have to stop. That's the thing about Trader Joe's...I don't stand in the aisle debating over something like I do in the grocery store. If it looks interesting, it comes home with me.



Trader Joe's Salted Caramel Coconut Cookies. Well, I lost the receipt, but I would guess they're around $3.00 a box for 7 ounces. The box describes them as "chewy coconut macaroon cookies with a salted caramel center."

Salted Caramel Coconut Cookies






A mom's (my) take: I don't taste much salted caramel here and THAT'S OK because these are fabulous. Addictive, soft, sweet, chewy, perfect little coconut macaroon nuggets. While the salted caramel doesn't add a huge flavor component...and I ate 4 to be sure...it does add to the texture, making these even softer and more luscious than they'd be without it.
Overall rating: 5 of 5 stars

A teenager's (Jack's) take: These are pretty good overall! Nice, rich coconut flavor with the macaroon... the only thing I would say bad about them is that the salted caramel flavor is not very evident, almost none at all. But if you'd be satisfied with just coconut, then go for it.
Overall rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars


Trader Joe's Salted Caramel Coconut Cookies: more coconut than caramel

[note: We have no affiliation with Trader Joe's. I'm sure they have never read this blog and have no idea who we are. Hey, we like being incognito, although we never wear sunglasses indoors. ;)]

Read all of our reviews of Trader Joe's treats and sweets here

SHARE:
Blogger Template by pipdig