Sweet on Trader Joe's Sunday : Fireworks Chocolate Bar

Happy 4th of July weekend!

trader joe's fireworks chocolate bar review : part of a weekly #traderjoes review series
We have some fireworks for you today...chocolate fireworks. Today, we're reviewing Trader Joe's Fireworks Chocolate Bar. Look this dark chocolate bar with spices and popping candy near the checkout.

trader joe's fireworks chocolate bar review : part of a weekly #traderjoes review series
Funny story about this chocolate bar: I got home from TJ's and set the candy bar on the counter. I was sitting at the kitchen table and kept hearing a zapping noise. ZAP! CRACK! Short, loud, little noises that were like little pops. Slowly, I walked into the kitchen, and they were louder. OH MY GOSH...a live wire! My heart started racing; I wasn't sure what to do. I started thinking about if the cats had gotten into something and where the circuit breaker box was located when I realized...the popping noise was coming from the candy bar. I'm not sure why it started popping while still in the package. Maybe it was the change in temperature from the hot car to the cool house. Just be aware. ;)

trader joe's fireworks chocolate bar review : part of a weekly #traderjoes review series
A mom's (my) take: Rich dark chocolate with a spicy kick combined with the popping candy, this bar is a definite party for your mouth! Just like with the shooting star cookies, the popping is QUITE vigorous. "You'll shoot your eye out" from A Christmas story kept replaying in my head. Be warned, I like spicy and liked the heat, but I wouldn't recommend this for someone sensitive to spices...like my Mr. E.
Overall rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

A teenager's (Jack's) take: This bar definitely creates fireworks. It has just the right amount of embedded pop rocks to where you will notice it, but it's not overwhelming. It does crackle in the back of your throat after you swallow, which is a bit weird! Anyway, the second feature I love about this is the spiciness--it doesn't become apparent until after you've had time to appreciate the pop rocks. The heat is pretty strong, and actually goes well with the flavor of chocolate, even though you would never think of combining the two.
Overall rating: 5 out of 5 stars

trader joe's fireworks chocolate bar review : part of a weekly #traderjoes review series
Trader Joe's Fireworks Chocolate Bar: Festive! 

[note: We have no affiliation with Trader Joe's. I'm sure they have never read this blog and have no idea who we are. Hey, we like being incognito, although we never wear sunglasses indoors. ;)]

Read all of our Trader Joe's sweet treats and dessert reviews

SHARE:
Blogger Template by pipdig